on 4 June 2010
These cables look a little flash, but the gold colouring has no beneficial or detrimental impact on the performance of the optical cable. The gold bits are hidden behind my TV set-up, because I find them a little bright.

The plug ends are sized perfectly, so that the "slipping" I have previously experienced with some (more expensive) cables is not an issue. The sound transfer is perfect for my set-up, which is probably considered mid-range (Sony BDP S760 Blu ray, Panasonic 42" G20 Plasma, Samsung HT-TZ325R Home Cinema, Virgin (Samsung) Cable box). Certainly, most home viewing will not benefit from buying cables that cost a great deal more. At the current Amazon price, they are a sound (!) decision for audio connectors.
on 9 January 2010
I purchased 2 of these as I have just bought a new DVD+HD player and a Blu Ray player, the cables arrived this morning so well done for fast delivery in the snow. I have just connected them up to my Amp system, the sound is amazing, best my Yamaha Amp has ever sounded, so much better than the connectivity I had before. Optical is the way to go and these are real quality cables, I work in the Telecoms industry so know all about optics and I can't believe they can sell them at this price, buy now before they are gone.
on 30 January 2010
I was quite astounded by the low price and really, the quality is there. The cable is very stiff so you'll need extra room to allow it to bend properly. But I guess this is a side effect of quality making.

Shipping was fast and efficient.
on 21 January 2010
Good heavy duty construction with high quality connectors (don't forget to remove the end caps before fitting!). Great price and does the job.

Construction is heavy duty, so it's not suitable if you're looking for a lightweight installation.
on 13 April 2011
This product is fantastic, I was just about to purchase one from a high street electrical store (that are "always cutting prices") for £30.00 when somebody advised i should check Amazon. sure enough they were correct the cable is fantastic it is a rope style material rather than rubber so very flexible and hard wearing. I have it connected between my SKY HD and Samsung Surround sound system and it is true when they say you get HD sound! I am so impressed with this product and would urge you to purchase. I did receive a 1m cable with my surround sound system which was a common plastic one and the difference is unbelievable. good luck purchasing i promise you that you will not be disappointed!

cbuffins :)
on 1 September 2011
Obviously, gold here has no impact at all on sound quality, because it's an optical cable. But the cable is very sturdy, and build quality seems very good. I A/B'd with a good audio RCA cable (i.e., not a 75 ohm digital cable) and the optical cable sounded better - albeit a subtle improvement (tighter bass, clearer highs... yes, I know this sounds like rubbish, but that's what I heard!). So, using the right kind of cable makes a difference and I'd rather have the RF-electrical interference immunity that optical offers. Maybe it was this immunity, or maybe it was the cable? Give the dodgy electrical systems in Victorian houses, I'm make your own mind up.
on 19 January 2015
Got this as a replacement of my very old, thin and rigid optical cable when it turned out I need a 2m long one instead. The thickness of the cable comes from the nylon sleeve and the buffer tubing which makes this cable feel much more flexible and easier to arrange in a complicated setup. Can't complain on the quality, build quality is great and will hopefully remain like this for a long time. Recommended buy!
on 24 January 2011
I purchased this to connect my new HD TV to my blu ray surround sound system, cant fault it and a great price to, i dont see the need to pay a lot when this cable does what the expensive ones do, it arrived early to even with the weather problems that we had!!!!
on 6 December 2012
I have used this to go from my LG smart 3D HDTV to my LG 3D blu-ray and surround sound system, the smart link feature works perfectly with this cable and so far no sound interference or poor quality, the shielding is very think and and the light that comes out the end of the connector is very bright so it has very good connection to the amp, no issues with quality for me, to be fair I will not be moving my system about and this has be permanently fixed in place.

Very good quality I hope it lasts at least until I need to upgrade my TV.
on 15 September 2011
I got this HDMI to connect between a wall mounted TV to a panasonic SoundBar. With the wall being nutmeg white it blends in lovely unkike the black edition of this cable. The sound clarity is excellent from the optical port on the TV to the sound Bar. Would recommend!