Pinkerton - Deluxe Edition
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 June 2001
As soon as i had Weezer's first album i was hooked. And 'Pinkerton was no different!! It has to be said that it is one of the BEST albums i own. Its a lot more 'deep and meaningful' than the blue album and not so much of a singalong album as the blue one either. The words are harder to pick up , but when you start to realise what Rivers Cuomo is singing about you'll be laughing manically!! Some of the best of 'pinkerton' are 'El Scorchio', 'The Good Life' and 'Getchoo'. If you haven't already bought this hilariously sad, and emotionally true album, take my advice and go get it. You don't know what ur missing.
You'll be singing about falling in love with lesbiens, and catching butterflys before you know it!!
on 16 July 2013
A great album, but surely every body knows that already. The only problem is the vinyl is so thin you can practically see through it. Its a good job you get a free digital download as your not going to get more than a few plays out of this before its useless.

You see this so many times with vinyl like this. It was never originally supposed to be sold on LP. Who ever releases it is just taking advantage out of the collector market. As a result the weight is terrible and the packaging is uninteresting.

Its cheap though, so there is always that.
on 8 April 2003
I'm a big Weezer fan, I bought the first album and I loved it.
When I got this album, I noticed it was very different and after listening to the first album I did'nt like it much. The more I listened to it the more I liked it .
Now I think it's one of their better albums and enjoy listening to it as it's different from the others. There will be one or two songs that get on your nerves but there are also some brilliant songs. I think some people that liked the first album will not like this, personally I love listening to both albums.
on 27 February 2016
piiink trriiiiangle on her sleeeeve, let me know the truth.
on 23 January 2005
This was the second album by Weezer and if you heard Weezers self titled album first then you may get a shock. I had to listen to this about 7 or 8 times just to get used to how heavy it is compared to "Buddy Holly" but this is a fantastic album that has 8 very catchy songs on it. Getchoo being a good example of this. Buy this and after a few listens you won't be dissapointed.
on 6 October 2003
What can I say. This is possibly the best album ever made.
Before I bought this album my favourite was Weezer's self named debut, but then I heard this masterpiece.
Very, very good. Some of the best riffs and most heartfelt lyrics in the history of music. I would have to advise you to buy it.
on 11 December 2014
Essential listening along with their first album!
on 2 July 2004
Any of you who may have heard of Ozma would probably be surprised to find out that I was only passingly aware of Weezer until I became a big enough Ozma fan to seek out and talk to other fans, who pointed me in the direction of Weezer. I bought the Blue Album, and although not entirely impressed, I held out and my reward was Pinkerton. From the semi-surpressed yells that I can only refer to as bursts of pure emotion on Tired Of Sex, to the beautiful (and I don't use that word unless I really, really mean it) acoustic majesty of Butterfly, that nearly had me crying the first time I heard it, the album is an absolute masterpiece of songwriting and lyricism. Weezer stick, more or less, to the mould of geek rockers, and any fans of Ozma, NUFAN, Lagwagon and the like should own this album.
I especially enjoyed the shakingly emotive "No Other One", and the get-up-and-danceworthy "The Good Life", but my favourits song on the album has to be Falling For You. I'm not sure whether it's the chorus which, in terms of singability, rivals the "I love you, baby, and if it's quite alright, I need you, baby, to warm a lonely night. I love you, baby. Trust in me when I say:" From Frankie Valii's "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", or whether it's the guitar after the second chorus with just shades of Pachelbel's Canon (anyone who's heard the full version will know what I mean - it's only a sequence of about five notes, but, in my opinion, the best five in both tunes) and which leads so perfectly into the bridge, but either way, that song is, without a doubt, a masterpiece.
To single out a few songs is a little unfair because although, they do, to my ears, excel, the other tunes are by no means filler. Each one is very well written and performed, and, most importantly, no two songs souns the same, nor is any one song forgettable, I am liable to hum any one of them at any given time.
Something else, which I feel deserves praise, is the track layout. This album is one of only four that I've ever heard which I would prefer to not listen to on random play. The sequence of songs is exceptional, with the emotion striking in all the right places, and listening to it all the way through does make you want to fall asleep along to the gentle Butterfly.
All in all, this album is nothing short of excellent, has given me more love for the Blue Album, but has left me scratching my head as to why Rivers seems to like cellos so.
on 5 January 2016
Everything as described & an excellent CD.
on 29 November 2016
One of the best albums of all time.