on 25 March 2011
This is a great power supply.

As Amazon did not have these in stock when I needed it urgently, I had to buy it from elsewhere - but I am very happy with this product. I have read lots of reviews of this product elsewhere on the web and they are all very positive about this product.

There are a few points I would like to bring out:

1. The cables are fully modular though the advantage of being fully modular is not clear. The power supply has to supply power to the motherboard - so I do not see the point in making the motherboard power connector modular. I don't see where you would use this power supply and not use the motherboard power connector at all - so the mother board power connector is always used - so what is the point in making it modular - I don't know.

2. The PCI-E power connectors - I have only one graphics card and need only one of these - but due to the way in which these are modularised, I am forced to plug in two of these at the power supply end while I use only one of them at the graphics card.

3. The power supply is sold to you with a beautiful looking bag and another bag for storing the modular connectors. Bearing in mind the fact that nothing is actually free, these two become novelty additions into the price of the product - once you put the power supply into your computer, the beautiful bag would be wasted and the other bag containing the connectors would be stored away somewhere for future possible use of the connectors. The point is the price of the power supply certainly covers the cost of these bags - but these bags are not useful once you have fitted your power supply into your computer - so do we really need these?
on 13 February 2013
This PSU is brilliant. I've built several PC's before this PSU is by far the best. In my build it is 100% silent - I have never heard the fan spin up at all. It has been rock solid and there are an enormous amount of power wires for connectivity, and is entirely modular and you can attach any variety of cables that you'd need.
I do not run it with SLI or X-Fire cards but the cables are there; I do however run this PSU with 1 Sata HDD, 2 SSD's, 1 DVD,a NVidia graphics card (which pulls power from the power supply) and 3*120mm case fans with no problems at all.

The packaging is of a very high quality - possibly a bit of overkill.

There are cheaper PSU's available and if you need a higher drain (quad graphics) or you are in for overclocking - check your power requirements carefully but for a silent PC this PSU has been fantastic.
on 28 August 2011
Purchased Seasonic X-650 to replace my FPS 300W 5 years old. It was very easy to install it.
Built in modular cables, it is very handy to use the only cables you need.
Top Quality built.
Unfortunately after a few days the PSU started having some weird noise. After reading a few reviews, some other users have had the same issues, I am referring to the coil whine, very annoying.
I had to send it back. Amazon refunded straight away, but lost around 10 £/ conversion.
It seams that Seasonic finished with X-650 line and came with X-660... It might be better quality, who knows. I am not saying that X-650 is a fail, not at all, are very, very well built. I now went for Antec TP 750 New. It is working fine so far.
Four stars because Seasonic is among the best, if not, the best, PSU makers. I was unlucky with X-650, picked faulty one. Even my new TP 750 has seasonic internals.
on 4 March 2016
I bought one of these about 5 years for a home server. It has been on solidly for 5 years and is totally silent and generally brilliant. Unfortunately, it broke about a week ago. Emailed seasonic and they sent out new to me pretty much immediately with no farting about. Well sorted company. Brilliant product. Nothing bad to say about any of it.
on 19 December 2012
Bought this to replace my failed 5yr old OCZ PSU and this is far better quality as you would expect from Seasonic. In Hybrid mode (switchable) it's absolutely silent in normal desktop operation, the PSU fan only starts up when running full 3D/high CPU applications.

The modular cabling is good, but a minor niggle is that the SATA power cables are a little on the short side for larger cases. In by Silverstone Raven they only just manage to reach the devices when routed to be hidden behind the motherboard tray. Indeed if you have a full tower you may find them too short to route invisibly. My advise to them would be to replace one of the SATA cables supplied in the package with one that is about 30% longer to cater for larger cases.

Apart from this, no complaints and my system definitely benefiting from the cleaner/more stable supply - CPU and memory running at higher speeds than I could achieve with the previous one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2013
The cables came in their own seperate gold bag! Now if that isn't high quality than i don't know what is!

Plenty of cables plus some really nice velcro straps for cable managment!
on 10 November 2014
good unit still working well
on 16 April 2013
The first time I plugged it in, the plug was sparking where it connected to the power supply, My system started well and then the PSU started smoking and I had to literally rush to pull the plug out before it destroyed my system, I would expect more from Seasonic and their 80Plus GOLD ... I would NOT recommend this product at all! Sorry Seasonic