Customer reviews

Memento Mori
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 18 November 2010
I thought Flyleaf's first album was pretty good. No doubt, Lacey's vocals mixed with the intricate guitar work and liquid melodies of this new album are just above and beyond anything the band have ever done before. For the first time I feel a connection to the lyrics and the tunes are kickass. I'd say this is my favourite female fronted rock band release this year; and that's up against the allmighty The Pretty Wreckless.
It's noticable that the band is heading in a more early Paramore-esque direction, but I think Flyleaf are a lot more promising - these tunes are awesome! Treasure, Arise and This Close are some of the best from the album and stick in your head in a really good way.
There's something unique about this band; the heavy rock/soaring vocals/haunting instrumentation combo just beats its' competitors by miles.
If you're a fan of Paramore, Evanescence or Stream of Passion you'll love this - gauranteed! If you're not, then you'll probably still get a lot out of it. 3rd album, please!!
on 27 March 2010
After a long time since the first official album stormed America and gave them gradually growing cult success in Europe, here is the second. It is not reallt too different from the first album, but that is no bad thing at all. It is just as catchy, with similar huge choruses, melodies, hooks as the first. There may not really be any tunes as huge and great as Fully Alive, All Around Me, or Cassie but a good many of the tunes are really great big stormin songs, with heavy riffs and uplifting positive lyrics once again. However they do stretch themselves musically, using different instruments, melodies, and the vocals are much more developed and used in more interesting ways.Fantastic return for a special heavy band.
on 21 September 2013
This is the second Flyleaf disk I have purchased. I bought this without hearing any tracks based upon the strength of the self titled
Flyleaf album. I was not disappointed, the high standard of the first album is maintained throughout. If you are a fan of Evanescence this will be an eyeopener..same genre but tighter and in my opinion much superior
on 31 July 2017
Solid rock album with cutting vocals and amazing rythm section
on 28 May 2013
'Memento Mori' by Flyleaf is a brilliant album and this version which I purchased was the bonus track edition, worth every penny. The album was delivered in good time, within the time specified however it wasn't until opened and used that I noticed part of the CD case was slightly damaged. The album had been packaged in simply just a box with no bubble wrap or anything to protect it, however when it had arrived, there had been no broken pieces inside the box so I can only presume it was partially damaged prior to shipping. Other than that, it was brand new, sealed and was just as the description for it had said.
on 17 November 2013
I love flyleaf but I always download their songs from iTunes so it was nice buying myself one of their CD's - its been in my car ever since I would definitely buy this for anyone who is a fan of the band! great songs, quality & price - what else do you need?
on 12 October 2016
Their 2nd album! Stunning lyrics, an incredible sound! The final track rates the album as 5 stars on it's own, but it's all good!
on 30 March 2013
I cannot fault a song on this album. Each track is powerfully belted out, moving and unforgettable. I couldn't stop listening to it upon buying it. If you liked Flyleaf's first album then I don't doubt that you'll love this. Personal favourites of mine are Circle and This Close, but I can foresee my favourites changing and shifting around as it's difficult to choose outright the best songs. A brilliant buy.
on 16 April 2016