At this price, you might expect cheap and flimsy, but this is actually very good, a well fitting, well made cap, with no brand names emblazoned on it. I needed a couple of them to replace lost caps for lenses bought on an auction site, (don't you hate it when sellers don't include a cap or filter?), and they are more secure than the caps supplied on a well known brand of third party lens! I think I need a 72mm one now for my super zoom!
on 26 February 2015
Wow! I had no expectations of this working.... but it does, and very well! I had added the adaptor ring to my X100T in order to use a lens hood. This meant I could no longer use the regular lens cap. I did a quick search for a 49mm lens cap (49mm is the filter thread size you get when using the adaptor ring) and found this. I didn't expect much for this price, but it works really well. The release/attach buttons are in the inside of the cap (rather than round the edge) which means you have no issues using with a lens hood in situ. The spring action is spot on, and grips the lens front very nicely. You get a length of thin, smooth, cord to use to attach the ring to your lens should you so wish, but I haven't gone down that route. I will amend my review after a few months of use to update on wear and tear... but overall impressions, perfect!
on 19 January 2012
For such a small and unassuming lens cover, this one actually does the job really well and it's not as flimsy as I originally thought it might end up being.
The extra strap is pretty long as well (a good few inches) so this is particularly useful to prevent you from losing it and tying the cap to your camera.
It fits perfectly on my sony nex 5 camera and I would definitely recommend this as it does the job well and delivery was quick too.
on 14 November 2014
Yup, it does the job. Take care to fit it in securely as it will hold if slightly skewed. It needs to be fully seated for the best fit. I'm not certain whether the plastic mechanism may leave very slight scuff marks on a clear protective filter with which it comes into contact.
on 24 March 2012
Among the many quirks of the Fuji X100 is the problem of the lens cap and hood: You cannot use the lens cap with the hood attached (and placing/removing the hood is a pain, as you have also to screw the adapter).

This cap solves the problem.

Pinch the cap and place it in front of the lens WHILST the hood is on. Perfect. Problem solved.

Now you can have the cap on with the hood. Remove the cap, and you still have the hood on to protect the lens.

PS: The minus for the X100 is that this is a simple cap, not a stylish piece of metal.
on 12 November 2012
I ordered this for my Fuji X100 to use in conjunction with the filter extension ring and UV filter. It's a decent quality cap. No problems even at this price.
on 19 August 2013
Although listed alongside other recommended accessories for the Fujifilm Finepix HS30GXR which I ordered at the same time.this cap cover did not fit because it was too small. The one supplied in the box by Fuji was perfectly adequate and I should have tried it before ordering this one.
on 6 June 2013
Bought a lens cap from a photoshop which having now bought this one has gone in the bin. Good design and ease of use (I have large fingers so like the release catch activated on outside of cap rather than in inner circle of one bought elsewhere.
on 13 July 2012
Received promptly from Digital Editions. Bought for a Fuji X100. It fits quickly and securely, with or without a filter in place, its only very slight fault being that it does not look very attractive. Nonetheless a very good buy.
on 16 July 2012
The lens cap arrived quickly and in good condition. it fits perfectly. The only problem I have is that the small string to attach the lens cover to the camera wasn't attached to the lens cover and I can't find where to attach it - so at the moment I take it off and put in pocket when using camera!!!! I shall keep searching for the little hole!

See one answered question