on 7 April 2017
Wanted one of these ever since seeing Arnie use one at Golds. While it does isolate your bis nicely, it did take a lot of adjusting as it tends to compress against your chest quite heavily when curling and I found it inhibited my breathing quite a bit if you get it in the wrong spot which is not quite what I was expecting. The strap and mounts also appear to be of pretty poor quality, just a cheap rivet and flimsy material, not sure how long they'd last with regular use.

It's probably more of a marketing gimmick by Golds taking advantage of Arnie's fame rather than a genuinely useful gym accessory.

I still use it, it's more of a novelty though than something I'll be incorporating on a regular basis - think I prefer preacher curls on a bench which are just as effective for isolation, each to their own though.
on 12 December 2016
This thing works great, it isolates the biceps as described and doesn't feel uncomfortable when in use. The neck strap is a little thin but it doesn't cut in as you get a protector(as shown).

The unit is quality and has a little weight which is reassuring, it doesn't look like it would break where the strap is connected.

Its true that you can the same effect from pushing your elbows against a flat wall, but hey if it's good enough for Arnie it's good enough for me, deffo recommend.
on 13 January 2014
I read Arnold's book that's why I got this. For such a simple bit of kit every gym should have one, you will feel it after two sets which a much lower weight. It stops you cheating on the curls. You can rock forward still obviously but because the elbows are fixed the only way the weight will move is by using the biceps so none of this roll the shoulders or chest into it to help you out. Helps on tricep pull downs on cable machines as well. once again just stops your elbows moving and bringing any other muscles into play. The only downer is the strap is a bit naff. It's a bit flimsy and the padded portion for the neck is wafer thin. But doesn't affect you using it. I'm glad I got it. No problems with the seller got it quick enough
5 people found this helpful
on 13 March 2014
I needed a bicep isolator for standing curls at the home gym and golds was the only way to go. Arnie must be responsible for selling millions of these things as he certainly was an influence! The metal part is thick and sturdy and the elbow pads are a good dense foam. The quality ends there though. The strap and neck pad are pretty rubbish. Neck pad is so thin that it really doesn't achieve much other than to stop the itchy strap touching your skin. The strap feels cheap. It does the job, and it isn't like it needs to hold much weight, but it takes away from the otherwise quality feeling product.
on 24 January 2015
'Padding' is a very thin, low quality neoprene-type material- not really worth having it there as it's more of an annoyance and has no benefit and with the strap, as others have mentioned is a joke- it does the job, that's it.

The Isolator itself is solid, the Golds Gym branding is only a sticker, I'm sure the Bicep isolators available for far cheaper are exactly the same product only with a less reputable name on the sticker, seems a bit like a joke for them to be palming this off at a 'premium'.
on 10 January 2016
Bicep isolator , I found it a bit difficult at first , once sorted the straps and found the most comfortable position brilliant ,now I can curl and feel the power in my biceps , given time I will achieve my target .i did tend to use my shoulders on the curl ,but that has stop . Great
on 6 August 2016
This is really useful for standing barbell or dumbell curls. Had to drop the weight i was useing by 4kg but it made my biceps really sore for the first time in ages. I use this along with some fat grips for maximum burn.
on 14 June 2013
I always wanted one of these but never got into it enough to get them. Things have changed now and what a difference they make. It lets you exercise your arms perfectly. If you find you sway a little when lifting the curl bar on the last few, stand with your back to a wall. You can feel the difference in your arms a soon as you start using it. Nice product and well worth the investment.
on 11 June 2013
Have owned this for a couple of weeks now, and have been impressed with how much difference it makes to curling form. My biceps have ached properly for the first time in ages, which means it's working and focusing the exercise as it should. The "padding" on the neck is really quite useless, and the bits where your arms press are also hardly worth having. If you're lifting any serious weight you will definitely have to wrap some fabric around to give some proper padding. Other than that, nice bit of kit.
on 28 May 2014
It does the job. Just a bit getting used to at the begining as it digs into your ribs and the movement does not feel natural. I have gained an inch on the biceps and they look more tonned. But you have to eat sensibly and do cardio to achieve overall look. WORK IN PROGRESS