I love the Beatrix Potter books and have recently bought the box set to read to our baby when it arrives. We don't know if we are having a girl or a boy yet and so I ordered both the Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddleduck teddies and they are both absolutely beautifully made and so soft.

The eyes are actually stitching rather than plastic eyes sewn on so there is no chance of them becoming detached and the baby swallowing them by mistake. The jacket on the Peter Rabbit is attached all the way around so it doesn't come away from the body which means the baby won't be able to suck on it which is good. The cape's not sewn in all the way around on the Jemima Puddleduck (just sewn in around the neck) so I can see the cape being sucked on there however I think the reason for this is so that you can see her wings under the cape. The hat is fully sewn apart from the front peak on Jemima.

The teddies are so soft and beautiful that I'm really debating buying another pair so that I can keep two myself in perfect condition and give the other two to the baby. A really lovely idea and they look absolutely gorgeous sitting nest to the book set in the nursery. I'll definitely be buying some for my friends baby as well.

EDIT 26/05/2013:-
I have just purchased another Jemima teddy for my expectant friend and can confirm that the quality and beautiful design etc of the teddy are still excellent and as good as when I bought my first.
EDIT 22/03/2014:-
Yes I have bought yet another Jemima teddy but this time for my second baby for in her nursery to go alongside the Beatrix Potter books that I shall eventually read of an evening to her. Yet again I can confirm the quality and design are perfect and are still as good as when I bought the first one.
on 6 July 2012
This is lovely, cute and soft perfect for a new born baby. Our nursery is Beatrix potter so I had to have this. We also have Peter too which is just as adorable. I have cleaned all the clothes, bedding and toys we have bought for our little one and this come out of the washing machine perfect. I put it in a pillow slip just incase!
on 2 January 2012
Our 6 month old daughter likes this little duck a lot. Will probably get grubby quickly, but it looks washable so not a problem.
on 29 September 2013
I gave this Jemima soft toy with the accompanying Beatrix Potter book to my little girl for christmas, and she just loves it. I know there are several other versions of this soft toy, but I chose this one because it is toddler-friendly and she has a little baby brother (who himself received Peter Rabbit and story).
on 25 June 2014
Really cute slightly smaller than I had imagined although I think that the size is in the description so that is my own fault. I brought this as a gift for my friend to go with the Peter rabbit baby's first year year record book and overall I am really pleased with it.
on 7 November 2012
Product as expected, well made,very soft I am sure it will be loved by the baby who will be getting it for Christmws.
on 24 February 2013
I wanted to keep this for myself (70!). Gorgeous duck, soft, squashy, so well made. I can imagine this becoming a firm favourite with the baby girl in question; her parents are delighted with it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 May 2013
I bought this for my baby daughter's first Easter and it's really soft, cuddly and safe. She loves to hold it and so does her big brother. Bright colours and a perfect sized toy for little hands
on 25 April 2014
I purchased this for a new Grandchild and when I received it I was really pleased to see that it was a lot larger in size than I had thought, a really good product at a good price.
on 31 May 2014
I buy these for my daughter who absolutely adores Jemima. It is a beautifully soft toy ideal for toddlers! Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a soft cuddly toy.