Colour Name: Black|Change

on 12 June 2011
Used this product very occasionally, only as a back-up solution. A few months later, I found that it was not working.
I contacted the manufacturer and told them of the problem. Despite the fact that I had bought the item from a distributor and not from them, I was asked to send the item back for investigation. No quibbling at all.
Two weeks later, I received a brand new replacement item.
Now that's what I call a great customer experience and all credit to the company's service department.
on 11 September 2011
as a heavy user of the iphone I do manage to get through a battery in half a day on occasions. This little unit in my bag means I can top up on the go. very handy.

3 stars as it would be good to have a capacity indicator and a little more capacity too.
on 22 October 2012
Used this on a recent 1 week trekking trip and happy with it. It comfortably recharged my ipod and phone (once each). Only drawback is that there is no indicator of how much power is left in the device - so perhaps I could have used it more? Comes with plenty of adaptors
on 15 September 2012
I bought this for my daughter as she was attending a festival. I nearly went for the power chimp but after reading a few reviews plumped for this instead. It comes with a whole host of attachments for all types of phone. We duly charged it as per the instructions & off she went. It re-charged her std Nokia (not a smartphone) twice & still had charge to spare. She remained in contact for 5 days with no issues. Easy to use as well.
on 1 December 2014
Disappointing. Mainly because the micro USB adapter is always falling out. Have tried it on a couple of Android phones now. HTC and Samsung. Same result. I almost have to hold it in place to get it to charge.

Otherwise does what it says on the tin. But this is irritating.

Update: I have now stopped using this product. Really useless unless i can trust the connector to stay connected.
on 13 November 2013
Good product but to connect to the iPhone 5 you need an additional USB to iPhone cable. This should be made clear in the description
on 7 June 2014
This is only the second Monkey I have bought for myself. All the others, of which there are quite a few, I have purchased for family. The product is excellent and holds a charge for quite a time, so it is always ready to charge your mobile, Ipad, Kindle or any other mobile device. The connections that come with the charger enable it to be used on any mobile device. If you do not find the right connector, just let them know and they will be able to find the right one for you. This happened in the past with me and for a few coppers they sent me the correct connection. Excellent product....fully recommended.
on 23 August 2013
Bought for my boss' birthday as was getting frustrated when his Blackberry or hands free kit ran out of juice. He had never heard of a Powermonkey so the name caused much amusement, and discussions amongst his colleagues. He wouldn't be without it now. Multiple purchases have been made by my colleagues since - no more excuses for the travelling bosses not to be in touch!
on 26 April 2013
Purchased several of these for clients after years of using one personally - great for emergency power needs, for instance when evacuated from your building
on 20 October 2015
I purchased a Powermonkey from a retail store and believed that UK quality should make up for the cost premium. Reached home to charge only to find it doesn't work. Exchanged the unit for a replacement which worked to charge a phone only once before failing as well.