on 29 August 2017
Very thoughtful story. No sugar coating.
on 21 March 2013
I enjoyed this novel as i have enjoyed reading several other novels by Lionel Shriver..She has an excellent command of language. I felt the problems the family had were real and I was drawn into conjecture on how they would be resolved. As always, Lionel Shriver kept me guessing. Perhaps the constant references to the family's problems were a little drawn out.
on 24 December 2012
Typical of this author with its insights into family relationships. I find her observations absorbing and in general unexpected, but, on reflection, totally believable.
on 25 March 2015
Great book which I found really readable. Good story.
on 12 October 2017
Readable and interesting.
on 26 May 2014
One of my favourite authors. I love the detail she cross examines each character with and really building an image of a 3 dimensional person which is far more realistic. You really recognise a little part of your self in there. A nice read, certainly increased my vocabulary.
on 16 June 2015
Slow not one of his best
on 21 May 2015
Great!
on 1 October 2015
Love Lionel's writing, twists and turns but always accessable.
on 3 August 2014