on 8 September 2017
Wonderful voice allied to some great tracks a decent buy
on 4 March 2013
As a result of a recent article in a newspaper magazine I realized that I was missing the 1980s. EBTG band was crucial to my university years and even now Tracy Thorn's voice can still dampen my eye. The music is as meaningful now as it ever was, Ben and Tracy complement each other perfectly and the listing on this album covers their development. Pop this CD into your car stereo and imagine you're driving a Morris Ital through the lake district with the morning light diluted by a pair of Wayfarers, suit jacket sleeves rolled up and a big-haired companion by your side. Highly recommended for mid-life crises!
on 27 July 2011
Bought on a whim and I had forgotten the quality of the voice and the beauty of the music. Brilliant slice of nostalgia and great to hear my kids singing along and getting all diva on me, priceless, (yet extremely cheap), keep it up amazon.
on 5 March 2017
Timeless music.
on 12 August 2013
I had just read Tracey Thorn's autobiography and decided to fill an EBTG-size hole in my CD collection. This disc does what it says on the tin. It makes me want to delve deeper in to this band's music.
on 22 April 2013
Missing is one of those songs which plays on the mind - sort of haunting melody.
I remember EBTG from many years ago - must have blinked a few times since
it's from an era nearly 30 years ago... I didn't know the duo's name was inspired
by the slogan of Turner's furniture shop

[...]
on 17 October 2013
Every track is superb. I did not realise how talented this band is. I will probably buy further albums now.
on 25 May 2014
Brilliant Album lovely driving music. Which I do a lot of as i am a courier driver in Scotland. Thankyou.
on 18 March 2016
My listening habits in the 90s got just a little lost. It's all down to personal opinion I suppose, but as far as I could see at the time, good music largely had become a thing of the past. Hence I missed out on EBTG. And I only checked them out recently on Youtube as I enjoy Tracy Thorn's writing for The New Statesman! Not a logical move, but it brought a very worthwhile result. This album is just so easy. And for that reason I'd recommend it to anyone who just wants something mellow in their collection. You will certainly want to talk about it in positive terms!
on 15 January 2014
What can i say about a fabulous duo, everything i expected from every thing but the girl top top songs,and a well put together compilation