on 24 November 2014
I bought this for home use with my Alesis Q49 MIDI controller keyboard and it's pretty much the perfect size. You can move the four rubber grips on the top bars in towards the centre. The keyboard can sit between the grips, preventing it from moving, or on top of them, preventing it from sliding. With a little thought, the stand is simple to put together, though if you suffer from arthritis it might take several goes to unscrew the bolts then screw them back in once the feet and top bars are in place.

When I first put it together the stand did sway around a little but I upended it and made sure the feet were as tight as possible, wiggling them as I used the allen key to make sure they bedded in as far as possible. Now it's as solid as you can expect on a living room carpet.

With the height set midway (the third of 5 holes) it seems to be ideal for playing standing up, with the keys at 35" from the ground. On the lowest setting, it feels ideal for playing sitting on my rotary office chair, with the keys at 27" from the ground. The stand has only just arrived, though, so if it does get uncomfortable I'll come back and edit this review. The Q49 keyboard is 32" wide and it fits on the stand with about 1/2" to spare at either end. This could be useful information if you're thinking of using it with a different 49-key keyboard - one with less than full-sized keys, for example. The depth of the Q49 is a little under 7.5" and the stand is 13" deep, so this leaves about 3" in front of and behind the Q49. The next model up, the QX49, is 9" deep so, again, there's plenty of room.

This is a very good stand for the price, in my opinion. But there is one drawback. As I understand it, if you want to fit an extension stand for a second keyboard you would need to remove the ends of the top bars in order to push the bottom of the extension into the holes. But the top bars of this stand seem to be solidly plugged with non-removable plastic caps. The rubber feet on the stand, however, are removable, so it might be possible to place the stand upside down, remove the two feet at the back and fit the extention that way. But then you'd lose some of the stability of the stand, and the rubber grips would no longer hold the keyboard in place as the feet don't slide in and out and can't substitute as grips. And, yes, I did check that I put the stand together the right way up with the long feet at the bottom and the shorter arms with the grips at the top.

To be fair, it does say, "Keyboard extension arms cannot be added to this stands" [sic] on the product page, but I've only just seen this after a closer look. I wish that it had been in a more prominent place. However, as the stand is good value for the price, I've given it the full 5 stars.
on 26 July 2017
 Firstly, the wrong instructions came. Secondly, I got 3 Allen screws and one Phillips screw?! Maybe this was on purpose, although no idea why.

Built the thing and its flimsy, uneven and feels super cheap (which, granted, it is).

I needed a cheap keyboard stand, sure, but you expect it to function at some level worthy of the money. This is garbage
on 18 August 2017
For £20 it is okay. Quick and easy to assemble despite instructions for better model. Requires some modification. needed to pad out one foot as it wasn't balanced and stand rocked, also had to pad out top rest as again when I set the keyboards on top they weren't even. I used standing up (i am 6') and was good height. Adjusts down for sitting okay. It seems sturdy enough after an hours use. This is just okay for home use but I wouldn't recommend for gigging or even intending to use with an expensive keyboard.
on 29 July 2017
lovely sturdy solid stand easily holds my sons large full sized keyboard
on 12 October 2017
As expected
on 11 September 2014
Very pleased with this item, just took it out of packaging , placed the parts on floor, it was easy to put together.folds away nicely.ideal for most keyboards.adjustable hight.very pleased.
on 16 July 2017
Well made strong feel easy to adjust ideal for small keyboard
on 10 October 2017
Bought it one month back. So now I can't return it. But yesterday a ping sound came from it, and just broke down, with the keyboard on it!!! Looks like on spring broke, as it is inside of the leg.
on 1 June 2014
It is a sturdy enough support for my 49-key keyboard and just the right dimensions. I am pleased with my purchase.
on 26 February 2013
A little clumsey and heavy, and there is no locator for the keyboard, as it just rests on the top.