on 9 June 2013
I purchased one of these to connect my Sky HD box, Apple TV, blu ray player and Popcorn Hour to my TV via HDMI, and to my Sonos Playbar via the optical. I can confirm that this works really well with no loss in picture or audio quality.

Why only 4 stars? This is a premium price product. I purchased when it was showing 50% off and it still cost a lot of money. For that price I consider the casing to be a little sub standard. It is easy to bend and the product feels a little cheap. The important parts at the back seem good though. The optical and HDMI leads lock in securely and do not move.

It is also a good that you can turn the front input selection lights off as they are bright enough to illuminate my whole living room.

Overall, very functional and works well but I would have liked a better outer case.
99 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2010
This product is well worth the money. It switches inputs automatically and you also have the option of using the remote. The lights on the box can be switched on or off using the remote which is a great feature when watching a movie in the dark.I have used cheaper switches before this is far superior. There is no interference,even when using deep colour demanding products. Highly recommended.
on 31 January 2015
Could tell you how it worked if it had a power supply in the box ??????
on 6 October 2010
Not much you can say about something like this. It works very nicely, by default going into standby when the hdmi input on your display is not active so it will only feed audio to your amp when you want it, and HDCP all seems to work so protected sources shouldn't be a problem. The front panel LEDs are very bright but can be switched off, and aren't really needed most of the time as automatic input selection does the right thing for most setups.

The only thing it doesn't do is transcode between the optical and coax digital audio inputs, so you can't use optical inputs and a coax output--but that's only going to be a problem if you have a very limited number of digital inputs.
on 6 December 2012
Brilliant piece of kit. Does exactly what it was intended to do. Auto audio and vision channel changes as soon as it senses another bit of kit being switched on.
on 30 May 2011
I had an hdmi cable going into my bedroom, where I had a projector, which didn't have speakers. So I had to split the hdmi output into hdmi picture (for my projector) and 5.1 surround sound (for my amp). This little baby does this with style....well worth buying.
on 2 January 2014
A Small, neat 3 way HDMI switch that does exactly what it says on the Box. Works perfectly on auto between 2 of my bits of kit but my BT Vision Box does not completely power down and as a result it hogs the switch so I have to use the remote which is a great feature when you have this situation. When I need to switch a quick click and job down. Picture quality top notch with no visible difference between picture quality going via the switch when compared to a direct HDMI connection. This is a really good value well built high quality switch. Very Happy with everything. The other upside is that there was no need for a power source but if all you units switch off completely you may possibly find you will need one. This is an extra so before you buy check or take advice as it will have to ordered separately. Delivered quickly and well packaged would use HD Central again.
on 17 May 2011
I had bought another hdmi splitter 1x2 that refused to work with the Virgin TiVO box.

The Octava has EDID settings that allowed my setup to work.
on 4 August 2010
This is a replacement for a cheaper, GBP30, item that had issues with HDCP, Blu Ray and HD DVD but played all the basic stuff.
First the very good - delivered next day, neat looking unit, well packaged, plays Blu-ray and HD DVD without any discernable loss in quality and without any reconfiguration and all basic HDMI units (DVD, Cable and satellite bxes). Comes with a hefty HDMI 1.4 cable. Also included are 2 firmware upgrade chips (if needed).

Second the not so good - still having 'not supported mode' error on HDCP media centre. For me more an inconvenience than a major problem as my primary requirement is Blu-Ray and HD DVD functionality.

Before I start inserting chips - I'm not the best when it comes to electronics - I'm sure a little checking will identify a fix.
on 10 July 2012
Needed the product to connect my new blu ray to Panasonic TV. Already had Sky+ and Home theatre. Initially slight problem when blu ray switched itself off, loss of sound through switch, popping etc. But once Sky+ software was updated problem gone.

People at HD were very quick to support me when I reported the problem and were happy to test and replace the product if it was a faulty switch. Luckily Sky was the problem and the update fixed eveything. Great product, good sellers.