Price:£10.57 - £18.87

on 11 December 2010
Good quality and nicely designed light with various flashing modes. It's main purpose is for visibility, and this is something it does quite well. It is useful for foggy or low light conditions, and areas that are lit up at night. It will not light up the way in front of you while cycling, but that's not what it's for. Also doubles as a handy torch - and this is one of the reasons I got it, in case I need extra illumination on the roadside. Purchased for less than £10, and not a bad value at this price.
on 19 October 2010
Looks really cool, super easy and quick to fit and remove if leaving your bike unattended, small enough to fit in your pocket yet still really bright giving good vision. only criticism really would be the translucence of the outer casing causes a little too much of the light to shine into your face even when the light is angled downward..generally impressive though!
on 7 May 2012
These have got to be some of the coolest bike lights around. I have a pair of these on the front of my red Brompton and they take on the appearance of eyes when viewed from directly in front!

Seriously though, they provide a good, bright light that should ensure you're seen by any other traffic and stray pedestrians. While they are clearly designed for being seen, not seeing by, two of them do do a reasonable job of lighting up the occasional unlit London street I find myself cycling down. The array of flashing modes is also good, and allows you to pick something to suit your taste (quick, slow, alternating etc)! The only frustration is the usual one of a multifunction light - that you have to cycle through all the different modes to turn it on or off depending where your preferred sequence is located!

They attach to handlebars very easily, and one of mine goes round a few cables to keep them out the way too - so there's plenty of scope for a wide bar.

All in all, cannot recommend these enough, you won't be disappointed.
on 10 January 2014
Received a Knog Beetle for christmas (upon request!) as I really liked the simplistic aesthetic of the light, and for the price was hoping it'd also be a decent light.

As far as form factor is concerned, it does what it says on the tin. It has a nice minimalist look, doesn't take up too much space on the handlebars, and is super easy to attach.

As far as its usability and illumination however, it leaves much to be desired.

It's very difficult to switch on, and then off again when you're done! The top of the light is where you're supposed to press to switch between Off, On and the different light modes. I have found that although by pressing i get the 'Click' of the inner button being depressed, nothing actually happens 80% of the time. After a few days of having to mash the button repeatedly to get it to respond, i found that I had to dig my thumb into the back whilst pushing forwards to get it to respond to each press.

It's illumination also isn't great. It'd be enough to be noticed by on coming vehicles at night, but not substantial enough to use on roads with little/no street lighting.

I've now resorted to using it in tandem with another bike light as a main beam, and this as a flashing light to make drivers aware of me.
on 27 January 2014
It's slightly annoying that it is fuelled by expensive lithium 3V batteries rather than rechargeable batteries. It also goes off in my bag and runs the battery down. Would be good to have a safety switch on it.
on 7 February 2012
brought one of these for front and diff knog for rear as wanted lights that didnt require fuxed fittings to my bike and these work a treat,yes you get a little light in your face due to open design but if it was any different there wouldnt be half as much light coming out for drivers to see. great product,has lasted me months with no probs.
on 22 December 2012
I bought this mini light to replace my larger Knogg light. My old Knogg light has three led bulbs and requires two AAA batteries. I didn't realised it was so heavy until I got this mini version.
I'm glad I bought this. It's very bright despite the size.
on 7 June 2013
Any serious year-round commuter needs a safety light in case their main beam fails. This is a reassuring and bright backup which ensures you are easily seen by traffic. I would not use it as a solo light for illuminating unlit road. Clearly that isn't its purpose anyway.

I strapped two on my front handlebars, as they were so cheap. They come off easily too and pop in your pocket, so they won't get pinched. The battery life is very good and they are immensely weatherproof. I'm not sure what more you need.
on 25 May 2012
Had this light for 3 weeks now, so far it has been amazing. Really easy to attach/detach and easy to use. Supposedly 160hrs on flicker mode, yet to be confirmed, but still very bright. Very cheap, great little light, well recommended.
on 8 February 2012
This light has various easy use settings, flash and non flashing, the light is very strong and bright, easy to attach and a godsend on the roads in the dark.