Top critical review
5 people found this helpful
on 15 March 2013
This is a frustrating product. At the price I understood it is not a proper NAS, I already have a good NAS, but I only wanted this for a simple task and that is to host a Network share to have scheduled backups saved from my NAS.
The product only supports FAT32, but at the price I would not mark it down for that.
Where I have had problems is in the following areas:
1. I can create shares OK, but I can only read them from My Windows 7 PC, My other devices can see the drive (PS3, XBOX etc) but say the folders are empty, even though I have put suitable small video clips in the right folders, shared properly etc.
2. My Android device could see the device on the LAN, now it cannot. Yet other devices still do.
3. FTP and SMB seem to have some problem
4. My NAS can also not see the device unless I set up as external FTP and then it still can't write to it.
5. The shares seem to lose their permissions - I can access, then I can't, then I can again. The password is accepted then not accepted, then I get an error message and then it appears OK again with no intervention. I have taken all passwords off and still get some issues.
Overall, this device will not allow me to do what I want with it. It will allow me to have a USB drive on the network I have tried all manner of things and it won't do any more than that, which is a shame.
I am going to have to reset the device and start again, but I have already spent hours trying to get this to work and I think it is buggy and unreliable.