8,964
Size: 16 GB|Colour Name: Black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£4.69+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 March 2011
Due to working with loads of different computers I always use a large capacity USB stick to transfer large files from one computer to the other.
The only gripe is that i always have USB sticks on my keyring as they are too easy to forget otherwise.

Many other USB sticks have perished on my keyring but this one is surprisingly resilient.
So far it has survived being dropped from a balcony, being trodden on and ending up in a puddle (something my Car Key did not survive) and as of yet has showed no signs of giving up.

I am really impressed with how durable this stick is not to mention that it is pretty fast as well.

I really recommend this if you are accident prone or clumsy like myself, it is a great product that is very well made!
33 comments| 262 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2015
Purchased this device during the 1st week of February 2015. By the start of the first week of March 2015, a few weeks later, it had corrupted all my work files stored in the 'SanDisk Vault' software, which is installed on the device. I contacted SanDisk who done some trouble shooting with me and gave some steps to follow, including reinstalling the back up files, the problem persisted- my files could not be restored. They could be seen, but not opened. After less than a month I had a device that didn't work as advertised. SanDisk's efforts and responses left me with no confidence in using their product, which I am returning to Amazon.
ADVICE: Be careful of storing files on the encryption software that you don't have back up copies of. You may not be able to get them back.
review image
33 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2014
I bought few of these and every single one has stopped working within a few months. When they did work they were really slow to transfer data and delete. I would not recommend them at all, at any price. It's changed my opinion of Sandisk to be frank.
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 September 2013
After about three weeks, it wouldn't connect properly to any of my 3 computers. If you pulled it out slightly, it would connect again but the connection would fail after a few minutes. Flimsy, garbage - do not buy
22 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2010
I wont bother commenting on the device itself - enough has been said. I did some speed tests using this 16gb drive and a Sandisk Cruzer Micro 8gb I bought over 3 years ago. I used a Macbook Pro.

First Test: a single 2.73gb video file:
Sandisk 16gb USB: Write 4.65mbps / Read 15.69mbps
Old 8gb USB: Write 7mbps / Read 13.25mbps

First Test Result: 16gb is considerably slower at writing a large file, but a little faster at reading.

Second Test: 47 pictures in a folder, 412mb total:
Sandisk 16gb USB: Write 3.85mbps / Read 13.5mbps
Old 8gb USB: Write 3.84mbps / Read 13.08mbps

Second Test Result: very similar speeds.
55 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2014
After purchasing two of these <sandisk> products I noticed the pour make quality, then performance issues could not format to ntfs mode and the read write time was extremely low! So I contacted sandisk support with pictures of this product and they confirmed to me that these are not an authentic product!
review image
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2011
The SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB 2.0 flash drive is an attractive looking memory stick. I've had mine for about 6 months now and it's working fine. Originally bought for £16.99 although price has gradually been dropping. It's something around £12 now.

The drive is very attractive with it's red and black casing. Something pretty unique is how the whole thing is plastic and doesn't have usual metallic casing at the USB part where it slots into the USB port. It has a hole at the back to let you thread a keyring or string to attach to your keys or to something to hang around your neck. I wouldn't put it with your keys using a metal ring though, as too much pressure can break the plastic, as I know someone with one whom did this and lets just say the drive has seen better days, even though it still works.
16GB of space is enough for a lot of documents and even software (even if it's only really 14.9GB because of the way MegaBytes are measured and advertised (1024 per MB rather than 1000 per MB)). It can also fit a fair bit of media such as music and movies. Unfortunately, this is when you start realising the downside of buying such a cheap drive. The transfer speed of copying files to the device is very slow.

Write speed (copying files TO the drive) is around 19.5 Megabits/s (that's 2.44 MegaBytes). Read speed (copying FROM the drive) is around 262.5 Megabits/s (around 32.81 MegaBytes/s). The read speed is pretty good but writing is very slow and would be quite frustrating if you're copying a lot of files or a lot of large files to the drive. I own other flash drives and they fair a lot better in write speeds.
E.g. Kingston DataTraveller 16GB - Write speed 64.67 Megabits/s (8.02 MegaBytes). Read speed 171.66 Megabits (21.46 MegaBytes)

It has a 2 year manufacturer's warranty, which is okay but not great compared to Kingston and Transcend whom offer lifetime warranties for the flash drives but it's better than just getting the usual 1 year.

Advantages

- Looks cool
- Compact and simple design
- Read speed is on par with other flash drives
- Cheap for the amount of storage it offers

Disadvantages

- Slow write speed
- Plastic can break quite easily under pressure

To conclude, read speed is on par with other drives (faster than some, only a bit slower than others) but write speed is extra slow and a major let down. If the main purpose of getting this drive is to store software which you need to copy from the SanDisk Cruzer to PCs, then it's fine so long as you don't mind waiting a bit longer for files to copy onto the drive or you don't need to keep updating them with new versions. For backing up the odd documents, then it'll do the job. If however, you frequently need to back up large amounts of data to the drive, then I would spend a bit more on a faster drive.
55 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2010
Its a great buy, dont get me wrong its worth the money for a 16gb small thing like that!
However, my intentions were to improve on the size in gb of a flash drive with the added effect that it would also become fast. Ive run tests and normal transfer rates and the max i could pull off transferring with this flash drive is max around 5 mb a sec! My old memory usb transfered at 29mb a sec, so it was a tad disappointing at my loss. However if you have the spare time to wait that extra time for transferring files, then buy it. You wont regret it however just be aware that the transfer speed is real slow and you could be waiting around 4-7 mins transferring a 1gb file.
55 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 June 2010
This product proves the point that you get what you pay for: it has slowest data transfer rate of any USB memory stick I've bought in recent years.
That aside it has a good capacity and a nice lightweight package at a good price. It's just very s.l..o...w
22 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2010
I have now purchased 2 of the SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drives, and i must
say that out of all the other USB drives i have used and purchased in the past the
SanDisk is the most reliable and works well between Macs and PC's. The read write speed is quite good ans the unit is very small, easily fitting into a pocket. It is made
from mostly plastic but i have found it to be very sturdy and very light. Some people say it could be asily lost and i agree, but if you attach a lanyard to the body of the unit you can easily wear this around your neck; without noticing it is there it is that light.

Even though it is very light and small this is a very well made and reliable drive, i have so far had no failures to mount or problems with this tiny mighty USB Drive. Also the suppier was very prompt and reliable in the delivery of the unit.
44 comments| 164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse