on 26 September 2017
Wife loves it, great little phone
on 23 June 2017
Clearly functioning better than my old broken-hinge one but not quite as well as I'd hoped.
on 25 October 2017
its ok
on 22 January 2015
Disappointed with this mobileas I cannot send or receive messages on it. Friends cannot understand why I do not snswer their texts. But I sm not getting them and it is causing problems with my friends until I tell them what the problem is
on 2 April 2010
I wanted a clam shell phone because the other kind have a habit of dialling without permission. I love this neat shiny little phone with clear buttons and an excellent little camera built in.
My old clam died after seven years of use. I did not want a phone that went online or jumped through hoops. This one does far more than I expect of a phone and does take nice photos- surprisingly good. A friend helped me download a ring tone to make it distinctive. The nokia softwear online using bluetooth dongle was not straightforward to operate and crashed the computer- maybe that was my fault but such programmes have to be easy to operate in the settings. I reckon I just installed too much SW. The help of a friend soon corrected that, and we were off- sharing photos by bluetooth easily and my friend (techie) was impressed with the quality of the photos randomly taken on the phone. My daughter's expensive contract phone is nowhere near as useful. I am yet to try the radio out but I bet it is good. The battery seems to last well, and I am proud to carry it everywhere with me.
I saw reviews that considered it to be expensive but it was half the price of some of the contract handsets without sim card lock ins. Maybe they do jump through hoops but on pay as you go, I have no wish to own such devices.
11 Comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2016
very poor quality .
on 3 November 2011
If you are bewildered by the complex handsets now dominating the market but are looking for a basic phone which is small enough to slip in a pocket, then this Nokia is for you. It is perfect for calls and texts and also includes the usual calendar, alarm clock, calculator,to do list etc. It also has internet access and emails though I don't use them.
on 3 May 2017
Very pleased with it, nice & simple does what is expected of it , clear sound good battery life.
on 17 August 2012
I bought this after owning a series of disappointing phones - a touch screen Smart phone was just too expensive (I'm never that far away from a computer to justify the exorbitant internet prices on the phone), and the Sony Ericsson had such poor battery life and reception that I just gave up on it. So I was looking for a phone that has just the basics - good battery life, good reception, and be able to accept my SIM card and pay as you go plan. I was recommended this by a friend and am finally glad to be able to own a phone that has all that I ask of it!

First off, battery life. It's been literally a week since I've charged it and it's only gone down one bar (out of four)! I've made several calls on it, dozens more texts, and it's still going strong!

The call reception is fantastic. I can clearly hear the other caller and often have to turn the volume down on the speaker.

It's a very durable phone. Because it folds in half, you don't have to worry about locking the keypad, and the overall design means it can take being dropped more than once (as I've accidentally done twice) and still be in fine working condition. It's also a pleasing sleek black design with a screen on the front which lights up when you've closed the phone to display the time and anyone calling.

The buttons are large and responsive which makes texting a breeze. It's also got internet capability, a camera, and all the little pieces you'd expect (alarm clock, calculator, games, etc.) but compared to Smart phones, it's very basic.

But basic is what I wanted. I wanted a phone that can make and answer calls, and send the occasional text and function as an alarm clock. This phone does all that, and very well too. If you're looking for this plus superb battery life, this is the phone for you. I've got no regrets at all and am very pleased with it.
on 19 September 2010
If you are looking for a simple mobile phone, this is a great buy. Bought this for my mother who was looking for a very basic phone. It comes with bluetooth which is ideal for the hands free kit in the car. The flip is very handy (no longer hitting the keypad while in her handbag). Its a nice size phone, compact when closed and just the right size when opened. Would recommend.
11 Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse