Colour Name: Blue|Change

on 12 May 2010
Purchased this watch as a 'wear at work' watch to replace my old Casio whose strap had snapped. This sadly is an all too common problem with Casio's. They might fit a battery that will last for ten years but no way is the strap going to last that long. Rather than buy a new strap it can be cheaper to wait for the price to drop on Amazon and get a brand new one. Having said all that though, this watch is unbelievably accurate having only lost ONE second in about three weeks. Whether this is typical of the model I can't say but I'm more than happy with my purchase.
on 12 April 2010
Nothing extraordinary, can't expect too much for this price, it's really light so it suits me more-less.
I've bought it for the gym purposes, unfortunatelly I've missed that it haven't got countdown timer (the main reason I needed it!), it looks a bit cheap/childish as well. the light is really poor, but once again - the price was really, really LOW (around 2x cheaper than a similar watch in Argos for instance)
Overall if you don't need countdown timer it will be a perfect match for a budget-GYM-watch.
Recommend.
on 4 March 2010
This watch tells the time. Can be set to 12 or 24 hour clock. Orange light for when your in a dark place (would look better blue in my opinion). Face of the watch not too small but not oversized either. Strap seems strong enough, water resistant (i accidently went in bath with watch on - no water damage). i really like this watch and would reccomend this product to someone interested in this type/style of time telling decive. Oh and the price was good too.
on 3 September 2010
I needed a simple watch, and this was it. After 2 years it has finally broken, due to water damage. If you're on a tight budget then go for this watch, you won't regret it.
on 23 August 2016
I bought this watch because I needed a cheap, easy to use, comfortable digital wrist watch, and this watch easily sufficed. If you want good use from this watch I very
strongly recommend that you read the manual.

I have had this watch for nearly 5 years, and the strap hasn't broken, and is comfortable as ever. There is no sign of the battery dying, and I hope that it lives up to its 10 year battery promise. Nothing is broken yet and will probably last me a long time yet.

The face is clear and easy to use, with large numbers that are no trouble to read. The strap is very comfortable, and although it's not stylish, it easily blends in; in terms of looks this is mainly a watch for those who are wanting a watch which is not supposed to stand out. It would fit nearly anybody, including children (approximately 6 and above). It comes in a nice case which you never need to use and a manual which you MUST read. It doesn't scratch that easily, however you will get scratches over the years.

About the functions:

The first mode is the standard time telling mode. It is easy to set, and easy to read. It gives the day and date, as well as seconds. My only problem is that you can't change the date format from American (mm/dd) to the the British format. Every format tells you if the alarm or hourly signals are on or off.

The second mode is the alarm setting mode. Again, the alarm is easy to set, however it isn't loud enough to wake you up, but is useful as a reminder. Here you can turn off the hourly signals (which are slightly pointless) and turn the alarm on or off. My pet hate with this watch is that you cannot mute it. For example if I pressed the mode button, it will always beep. This also means you can't play the stopwatch game (try and stop the clock on exactly 5 seconds) in public.

The third mode is the stopwatch mode, consisting of a simple start/stop feature which counts millimetres. A useful addition is the split timer allowing you to time two things such as a running race between 2 people.

The final mode is the dual timer, which is for use on holiday in a different time zone. My only concern is that while displaying local time it also displays home time, which doesn't help with jet lag. It doesn't have countries preset, you have to set the time.

In conclusion this watch does everything it says, and will last you a long time if used correctly.
on 3 December 2010
I like Casio watches so was confident when buying. The watch works fine with the basic functions I need. The dial in the top left corner seems a bit superfluous to me and the watch would probably look better without it. It is a smaller than I had imagined from the photos, but it does what it is supposed to do.
on 23 March 2011
Really like the watch. Had it for a couple of years now and it has done the job. Nice and slim so that it doesn't get in the way.

Only issue I have with it is that when I use it for running I can sometimes accidently stop the stop watch due to the slightly protruding buttons.
on 9 December 2014
watch is ok, battery is supposed to last 10 years, mine barely lasted 4 years.

supposedly waterproof to 50metres, water leaks into the watch just from swimming in a pool and leaves the inside of the watch foggy for a day or sometimes more.

a couple of parts of the display have gone also after about 3 years, eg the middle line in the number 8,

but it is a cheap basic watch so if that is all you are after after it is ok.
on 17 March 2011
this is a great value watch. it does exactly what is supposed to at a great price. as i have a smallish wrist this was a perfect fit.
on 8 May 2014
I bought this watch to replace a very similar one that had given me years of good service (the batteries "died"). The watch has matched my expectations. It was modestly priced, has good functionality and I see no reason why it too should not last for years. With the low cost and good quality there was no point in paying out for new batteries for the old watch.