on 14 September 2012
I had a fitted electric blanket when I had a smaller bed and loved it but I couldn't afford one for my Superking. So when I saw this I snapped it up for the price. I have a deep pocket sprung mattress and fitted over perfectly. My old one had cotton material sides to go over the mattress but this one is more like net. If you have long nails you need to be careful as they would go straight through and rip it. It doesn't really bother me however as I really wanted a fitted electric blanket and as long as it does the job I'm happy. It has dual control with 3 heat settings. All 3 settings are on a par with other electric blankets heat wise. The electric blanket part is also much softer than my old one too. I'm not going to freeze this winter :)
on 29 December 2010
Bought this electric blanket for our own use we can quite honestly say we were astounded at it's quality, it's size and it's versatility.
This blanket has a very deep skirt so there is very little risk of "riding" and with it's edge to edge fit you can be guaranteed warmth to the whole of the bed. A nice little function that we thought is good is the visually impaired feel to the controls leaving no doubt as to which heat level you are on at any time. The dual control function is great too as you can heat one half of the bed to max while just a gentle simmer on the other half. Overall a great product at a more than pleasant cost.
on 12 November 2013
This fits my super king bed with extra deep mattress, perfectly. The netted skirt is great and really keeps the blanket in place on the mattress, much like a fitted sheet would stay in place - only better! My fitted sheets always ping off the corners! I usually only put one side on, although both sides heat up very well. I turn it on the top heat setting about half an hour before going to bed, and it's lovely and toasty warm when I get in. I switch it off when going to sleep because it's a bit too warm on high to sleep comfortably for me. I could, I suppose, switch it to a lower heat setting to leave it on all night but I don't find I need to, I'm asleep in no time. One thing, it cools down pretty quick, but that could equally be the duvet type and bedding etc. I would definitely recommend this blanket, it's a bargain considering the size of the bed and the comparative costs of other blankets for super kings, I've paid more for a duvet cover set! There's no need for heating zones, 10 settings and bells and whistles etc. This heats your bed to a lovely temperature, fits the bed and stays in place - what more do you need from it?! Get one! It's winter and chilly :)
on 28 November 2014
I've got mine on a latex mattress that I previously thought could not take an electric blanket, but it's fine. The controls are simple mechanical ones, which means they are unlikely to go wrong. The sliders have little raised nubs beside each of the 3 heat settings, so you can tell in the dark which heat position you have got, though you have to feel quite carefully.

I would have given it 5 stars if there was a better way to check the setting; bigger nubs or backlit ones or something. I would like a little bit more reassurance when I tumble into bed that it's not set above 1.
on 10 October 2016
This electric blanket is the lower rung of the ladder when it comes to quality and features. It warms on three lowish settings, has no timer and you can hardly see if it's turned on or not with the dim red light. If you wish to have an all singing and dancing model, you can pay three times as much as this one cost. I'm happy with simple warmth. Fits my super king bed perfectly.
on 5 May 2012
For years we used two single electric blankets on our super kingsize bed, which consists of two mattresses of different hardness zipped together. Then we finally rebelled as they were always slipping and difficult to hold in place. I decided on the spur of the moment to solve the problem by looking to see if a super kingsize electric blanket existed and was very pleased to find that several were available. I bought this one because it had good reviews and was the cheapest, and I must say that we are delighted with it. I wish we had bought one years ago! It is lovely not to have a cold place in the middle of the bed where there was a gap between the two single electric blankets.

We would thoroughly recommend it. It has "only" three heat settings but as we couldn't tell the difference between the six heat settings we had on the old blankets, I don't think that is a drawback at all.

I paid extra for a quick delivery as we wanted it before Easter and were going away; it arrived at about 7am the next possible day - so no complaints there.
on 11 February 2011
We've ummed and ahhed about an electric blanket for years but finally, having experienced one at someone else's house, and continually complained about getting into freezing cold sheets, I checked the reviews and chose this one. What can I say? It's changed our lives! Turn it on to 1, 2 or 3 an hour before bedtime depending on whether you want 'take the edge off', 'nice'n'warm' or 'properly toasty' and you will look forward to getting into bed! It's also great for the love life - instead of huddling in a ball, trying to warm your own space, you're more than happy to snuggle together knowing you're not going back to the cold spot. We have a Super King-sized bed and this product fits it well. It covers a deep mattress and we have it under a mattress protector and this doesn't degrade the heat. The dual controls work brilliantly and my hot husband can choose a 1 compared to my colder morsel's choice of a 2 or 3. Hubbie is also prone to nighttime wandering so when he gets up he turns his side back on so he can get back into a warm bed. I can't recommend this product highly enough, all the reviews were right and it's great value. I just wish I'd bought it sooner!!!
on 12 November 2010
This blanket has proved good value. In 15 minutes it takes the chill of the sheet and makes it a pleasure going to bed. Good fit on a super king mattress as well. We were dubious, as we had never had one before. My wife thinks it is wonderful and for what we want, it is ideal.
on 25 April 2012
We have had one of these for a few years and one of the controllers got damaged (my carelessness!) but we had been so pleased with it that we sought out an exact replacement. Compared to other brands, it is very good value for money, fits the bed well and has two independent, pluggable heat controllers with 3 heat settings, an "off" position and a light to show that it is on. Heat setting no. 2 is more than adequate for most winters; would imagine that we would have to move to Siberia to use setting no. 3!

Very happy customers and coupled with Amazon's excellent service, there's absolutely nothing to complain about!
on 10 December 2015
My feet remain cold. This electric blanket does fit our mattress exactly, but as it is fitted, you can't move it down. The heated elements stop about 30cm from either end. While this is fine on the head end, my feet are usually coldest and want the heat. I wish I had paid more and got an electric blanket that promises warm feet. I thought £65 was enough - but apparently not!