Customer reviews

on 14 January 2016
I bought the smallest size, but it was still too big, those Czech soldiers must be huge.

Apart from that it is an excellent coat it's just a shame there is no extra small :(
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 February 2013
Bought this jacket and Iam taken aback by the quality of the item. I cannot believe such an item could sell for such a low price. I would not hesitate to recommend this jacket to anyone ,it is as stated by others fantastically warm when worn with the inner liner, and would appear to be water proof as well.
In conclusion an ideal jacket for those cold winter days, walking the dog or as a car coat, etc.
One person found this helpful
on 14 November 2014
Very pleasantly surprised by this product. My expectations weren't great but were overtaken at speed by the decent quality and great look. Have dressed it up a classic trench coat over a suit or down as a parka for jeans just by fiddling about with the collar, lining and hood. Have not had any of the problems voiced by other reviewers.
on 21 November 2013
Researched extensively and this represented excellent value and exactly what I was after. Arrived in 2 days which was fantastic and is a great looking and warm product. Zip does look a little flimsy so will treat with respect. Jacket is warm and easy to put the lining in. Looking forward to using this all year round.
I like when a supplier and product combine for excellent value.
on 12 October 2013
Wow !! What A great bit of Kit, Ordered Thursday evening 10 october, arrived first post Saturday 12. Still realling from the speed of delivery and the excellent qaulity of this Parka, it is absolutley astounding, Brand new came complete with button in winter liner, hood, and an extra winter warm collar.

Just put the liner in the parka and took the dog for his walk, heavey wind and rain today, but I stayed totaly dry and nearly got cooked to a crisp, certainly did'nt need the liner in today.
Wish I could find one for the dog :-)

This is a bargin and so well made it will last for years.

I can't thank CISSBURY RETAIL enough for this Great product and their excellent customer service, I can and must recommend them to all people looking to buy from them as the Best company I've dealt with for some time.

Time to look for some Combat trousers to go with the Parka.
3 people found this helpful
on 20 October 2012
This is honestly the nicest coat I have ever owned. I wore it out with the lining in and I almost melted it was so warm, I now wear it without! The lining is very thick and weighty, alone it's warmer than most coats without the exterior.

The only thing I would suggest is that if you plan on wearing it without the lining (and this seems likely) it's quite roomy.
5 people found this helpful
on 7 February 2012
07/02/12
The Jacket looks good enough but the size L is not very large and Cissbury retail appear reluctant to discuss any returns or if they have a larger size than L. All the instructions are in Czech so it is difficult to be sure what size you have. Nice jacket poor customer care.
08/02/12
Update: Two hours after posting the review above the managing Director of Cissbury retail was on the line to me and a new coat in my size is as I write winging its way to me with a return bag for the old one. It would appear a problem with "return e mails lay at the heart of their apparent reluctance to communicate.
29 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 25 February 2016
Absolutely nothing like the picture - biggest issue was that the closure is not press studs as shown in the picture but buttons - more buttons on this thing than a pearly king, that might be fine for you but not for a disabled person with arthritic fingers, looks totally different as well - item was immediately returned
2 people found this helpful
on 28 February 2012
Again great delivery service. Now lets start with my review of the coat. For the price an excellent piece of quality clothing. I have taken of the removable fleece collar,inner liner and belt so i can wear it during milder conditions. One thing to bear in mind before purchasing, the arm length seems short in length. This is not a probelm for me being short in stature, in fact it is the only coat i own where the arm length fits.
12 people found this helpful
on 11 November 2015
Very nice good quality coat,mine came with 2 piece fur collar and liner,no hood.Fits well and looks great.. without the liner,but with liner buttoned in..not so great,the liner appears too small for the coat and causes it to bunch up badly if you do all the side buttons up,decided to keep it,got someone to reposition some buttons and the end result doesn't look too bad,seems obvious to me that liners and coats have been stored separately & wrong sizes put together,at least for some,so it's pot luck if you get the right liner for your coat.Zip is another weak point,but at least the buttons are there for backup if it breaks.I still give it 5 stars,with a quality zip and correctly fitting liner it would be outstanding.but still great value for money.