Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 17 July 2011
Big enough for everything you might need, enough places to sort little things and big things alike and still be able to find them. The bag is very high quality and has certainly survived quite a beating in it's first few months in my possession. I was amazed at how waterproof it was when caught in quite the downpour when in the middle of a large plateaux.
on 21 November 2010
A well made and strong bag as you would expect from Berghaus. One of the few small rucksacs available which has zip pockets on the outside rather than mesh bottle holders only
on 1 August 2014
This bag seems like it was well thought through. The straps and back of the bag has a cushion that seems to take the weight off the bag, making three 2 litre bottles of water feel like one! I usually just carry my mac (in a case), 2 folders and my lunch to and from work on my bike. The side pockets are large enough for storing bottles and there's a nice hidden compartment on the front which is surprisingly large.

I haven't tested it in the rain yet, as there are some reviews on here that say it's waterproof. Will update this review once I have encountered that situation though.

Reason for it being only 4/5, the front zipper for the hidden compartment came off randomly. I have replaced it with a plastic tie since though.
on 5 June 2014
Family holiday to the Algarve made all the more easier by this cavernous daysack. Used as carry on luggage for iPad, tablet, books, documents and portable DVD players for 'busy' children trapped in pressurised metal tube at 36,000 feet for 2&1/2 hours. No problems. Trips to the beach with four towels and array of nappies, wipes, snacks, drinks, cameras, tablets and toys along with currency and sunscreen. Everything fitted, even sand:-)
on 5 February 2013
Great size and great compartments inside especially the laptop sleeve!
It's super comfortable and ideal for long days at University, since its strong and holds lots of books.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 October 2015
Bought it 6 years ago. Use it once or twice a week. Carry light and heavy stuff.
Pros:
1. Comfortable
2. Washable in washing machine
3. Three compartments
Cons:
1. Small
2. Urban use only
on 4 May 2014
Nice colour and good size. I use it for swimming. It can take a wash bag, two large micro towels and clothes but not my trainers although a t a push I could probably squeeze them in. It has a small open inside pocket which is ok for keys (it has a key ring) and a mobile phone but not much else. There is also a separator splitting the inside of the bag into two but you can just use one side and it's fine - I find it surplus to requirements. It has padded straps and padded back for comfort should you take it hiking/walking. Overall a good purchase and compromise size-wise, just right for my needs and would make a good day sac.
on 11 March 2013
I was hoping for so much more with this rucksack, but it's actually pretty poorly designed, and lacks quality.

The good points:
- It's waterproof. I got caught out in heavy rain for about 1/2 hr and it didn't leak at all.
- It looks pretty good
- It's big

The bad points:
- Lacks quality. I've only been using this for about 3 weeks, and already one of the zips has fallen off. Also, the main compartment doesn't close easily, and if you're not careful, you lose the waterproof qualities.
- Poorly designed. It has one main compartment, which is an awkward shape. It also has a couple of pockets within this compartment, but they are either far too big or too small to be useful. The big compartment sags out whenever you put something into it, making it difficult to get to when the rucksack is full. The smaller compartments are so small that you can barely get anything into them (I can fit my watch in there, but nothing more than this).
- If you use both straps you will get a sweaty back.

I'm giving it 2 stars, mainly because it's waterproof and it wasn't particularly expensive. However, I'm sure that you can find something much better for the money.
on 16 September 2014
I bought this rucksack on the basis that my many other Berghaus purchases have been excellent. I used this rucksack recently walking The West Highland Way. Firstly when I attached my walking poles to the rucksack fixings it made it very difficult to unzip the pocket on the front. The pole fixings need to be re-sited as I found this a nuisance.
The second issue concerned the 'flow technology' designed I assume to allow air to flow between the users back and the bag to prevent excessive perspiration. The weather during my hike probably averaged between 13-18 degrees not excessive, and I am not someone who perspires to excess, however I found on a daily basis perspiration saturated the bottom of the bag and the two 'flow technology' bars down the back of the bag were saturated like a sponge at the bottom. When I emptied the rucksack at the end of the day I found some of my travel papers in the bottom were wet with perspiration and had to be thrown away. I'm glad I bought a rain cover as its clearly not waterproof either.
My previous rucksack had a frame and I never suffered this problem.
Do not purchase this rucksack if you are intending to use it on long hikes, buy one with a frame on the back, I wish I had.
on 7 June 2012
I bought this backpack for a walking weekend in the Lake District and it was perfect. Plenty of space to carry my DSLR camera gear as well as wet-weather clothing and the all important sandwiches, plus two 500ml water bottles in the two mesh outside pockets. I even used the "ski-pole" clips on the outside of the pack to attach my camera tripod. The little zip pocket on the outside is deceivingly large - it goes right across the front of the pack. Inside, the pockets are handy in size and there's a useful clip to attach keys (or a torch). Zips are of good quality and in the right places!

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Lowest Price