Customer reviews

Apple A1344 60W MAGSAFE
Price:£89.01+ Free shipping

on 9 April 2017
Worked fine since delivery and hasn't been a problem other than the fact it overheats to such an extent it burns to touch it! I left work today with it charging my MacBook fine! Got home less than a five min walk and all of a sudden stopped working completely tried using the cable extension adapter and tried to use the Plug connection. NOTHING... I'm really P****** about this as my mac has every single bit of my third-year work on it and at the present moment in time, I cannot retrieve it with only 2 weeks to go until the most important hand in of my life.

Just over two months, I have this charger... Cost me in excess of £40. what a piece of crap if you ask me
on 16 March 2017
Exactly what I needed thank you!!
on 21 March 2017
Terrible product. Stopped charging after 2 months! Amazon offered a great service with refund, but Apple needs to improve it's products. To charge this amount of money for something that does not last is absolutely shocking.
on 25 August 2017
This product only lasted 5 months - started breaking after 3
on 9 January 2013
I previously had the T-shaped charger which worked well. The T-shaped head was a very clever bit of design because it easily detached from the laptop if it was pulled making it safe and reducing the strain on the charger material. But, through no fault of any god but every fault of my own, I spilt water on it rendering it useless.

Then I received a replacement - the then-new L-shaped charger! The L-shaped head removes any of the benefits of the T-shaped head, giving only the small advantage of not sticking out as far. Now if the laptop cable is pulled, the laptop will come hurtling with it. Luckily I'm a careful guy and that aforementioned water accident was a once-in-a-lifetime event.

After perfectly reasonable, careful use, this charger has deteriorated. The cable material - cheap, white and crumbly - does not stand up to flexing or bending very well, and has split just below where it connects with the metal L-shaped head. This happened after only a couple of months.

As for the metal head, the magnetic connector is a great idea, except that the adhesive used to secure the connector to the head is weak, and since you have to essentially pull against the magnetic force keeping it in the laptop to detach the charger, again after only a couple of months, the connector started to pull away. It now comes off entirely, magnetically secured in the port leaving the rest of the cable a sort of emasculated, pointless piece of weak rope lying elsewhere on the floor. My temporary solution is taping it to the laptop which just about works.

This charger is a perfect example of design over substance. If the materials held up to the average strain of use, it'd be wonderful! Unfortunately, and especially considering the exorbitant price-tag Apple have slapped on to it, it seems like a poorly constructed device that looks pretty but is as weak as an emaciated ant lost for 10 days in someone's labyrinthian bathroom with only crumbled grains of soap for nourishment.
3 people found this helpful