on 22 September 2014
Really good fryer, easy to clean. Don't think it would be good for a large family, but very acceptable for 4.
on 28 December 2011
Hi Everyone

I highly recommend this little fryer to anyone cooking home and away..This appliance looks as good as it performs.
I liked this product so much..this is my 2nd purchase...Keeps temperature constant and very easy to clean.
Ideal for small catering business.
on 22 July 2013
replaced a working breville(same shape),this is far superior quality with lovely cool to touch glass, and quality brand.easy to clean ,great size for a couple.And it does now come with a UK PLUG ATTACHED........RECOMMENDED TO YOU ITS GREAT.
ps yes steam still escapes around edges of lid otherwise it would explode wouldnt it...
33 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2013
I have waited until the fryer has been used a few times to review it. I am absolutely over the moon with it. Such a brilliantly simplistic machine. Each section comes apart and the basket, oil bowl and surround can be washed in water. The lead at the back tucks in nicely to the back of the machine. I initially thought that the frying load was low but it is absolutely fine. It also looks sleek and fits easily into the kitchen. It reaches temperature quickly and I love it! Would definitely recommend this to anyone.
on 17 March 2013
Well constructed unit,cool to use,easy to clean,including the cable,ideal for our requirements.
Tends to stay a little sticky after cleaning.
on 13 May 2013
Always used a Magimix fryer, but IMO, this is much better. Holds it temperature perfectly for frying.

Highly recommended.

K
on 6 January 2014
This deep fat fryer came all the way over from Germany, so I suppose I was expecting Mercedes/BMW quality. It does the job (hence 3 stars), but it looks more substantial and of higher quality in the picture than it does in reality. At about £70, it was not cheap, but only time will tell if it has the reliability and durability we come to expect from German engineering.

It arrived on time, but was not quite complete. It came with an adaptor for UK power sockets, but, annoyingly, it didn't fit, so we had to buy one separately. That was an unacceptable oversight on the part of the manufacturers - how many of these (and other electrical items like washing machines) must they ship to the UK? And how hard can it be to produce an adaptor that fits?
on 7 July 2013
This is our first fryer. To be honest I never thought that I would own one because of the unhealthy aspects to frying but I needed it for a party. After much research I opted for the AEG model and I am very happy that I bought it. The unit looks great, is made well and works flawlessly. We opted to use peanut and rice bran oil to lessen the negative aspects of deep frying. For our party I made fresh cut french fries from whole potatoes and they were loved by the kids but also the adults. Each batch was cooked to perfection and the best part is that after frying 5 batches of fries and 25 lumpias (spring rolls) the oil level in the fryer is almost exactly the same as before frying. This means that not a whole lot of the oil was actually absorbed by the food. Not health food by any means but maybe not terrible every once in a while. Anyway, a very satisfying purchase.
on 16 December 2012
This fryer looks good in the kitchen and works very well, chips are the best I've ever tasted, thoroughly recommend.
on 21 October 2014
If it worked, this would probably be a stylish and effective piece of equipment. However, if you are considering buying one please be certain that you will not want to return it under its (alleged) 2 year warranty. Mine is faulty. AEG say that they have an agreement with sellers for sellers to handle after-sales issues outside Germany, but the sellers (ETC shop, via Amazon UK) state that I cannot return the product since I have had it more than six months. When I pass on AEG's after-sales policy to the sellers they do not reply to my e-mails. They haven't even replied to the email Amazon sent them on my behalf. I am stuck with a Fryer which leaks.

Buy a different (non-AEG) Fryer, from a different (not ETC) shop!