on 31 December 2011
Perfectly tranquil and free from any scent of yuletide cheese! By far and away, this little sausage, a two CD set/download is a cracker! The ultimate score for your Christmas background music, or even if you need the cobwebs blasted away, this is the only music you'll need to stave away the madness of the annual musical turkeys - and Slade. For once the CD cover is actually correct - essential and the very best. Although Michael Buble's Chrismas album is rather good too!
on 8 December 2012
The choir probably sounded wonderful live, but the album sounds muffled, as if it was recorded by someone on site with amateur equipment. Kings College Choir is a favourite, but we removed this album from our Christmas playlist due to the poor quality sound. Disappointed.
on 9 February 2013
I bought this because I was looking for some traditional carols to sing along with. There's effectively 2 CDs (I downloaded it to Ipod) and the first was exactly what I was looking for. The 2nd CD is an interesting addition - less well-known songs, but really good to listen to - and they did what I wanted - put me in a Christmassy mood.
on 16 December 2011
These recordings of traditional carols are just what the doctor ordered for background music before and during Christmas festivities. Wonderful voices from Cambridge.
on 1 January 2014
I wanted a variety of classic and familiar carols for setting the mood for Christmas gatherings. I put this music on when I'm preparing and serving dinner, and it stays on throughout.
on 19 December 2013
I chose this rating because i love the cd. The carols have not been messed about with and it sounds very traditional. This will certainly be played in our house on Christmas Day.
on 28 January 2013
For choral singers, what more could one ask, good variety of material, some popular some not so common, but good listening. A pleasant change from the 'POP' Christmas songs.
on 19 August 2013
Great music and great singing as ever. All my favourite carols and more, worth every penny. Recommended for a great Christmas or any time if you are like me.
on 9 January 2013
This was delivered very quickly , the music was beautiful and was playing most of Christmas and made a comfortable background as i was reading
on 19 December 2012
Essential Christmas Carols. This is a great value download-an excellent Choir singing a wide choice of Christmas carols- very enjoyable.