VINE VOICEon 3 January 2010
This is not a bad little phone - it certainly merits more than one star! It combines touchscreen and QWERTY keypad to good effect, both of which are straightforward and easy to use. Function/profile-wise it has the same design as the Tocco/Tocco Lite, although it's on a slightly smaller scale, since the screen is just a bit smaller. The QWERTY keypad pulls out on the left of the phone as you hold it and the screen automatically rotates 90 degrees when you use it. Nice. The camera is only 2 mega-pixel but on a phone this size it's more than sufficient and the picture quality is, again, as good as you get with any Samsung or indeed standard phone camera - if not better. It also features MP3 player, google and access to the internet - again all easy to use thanks to Samsung's no-nonsense menus.

Overall, this is a great handset for those who prefer to type using a QWERTY keypad for texting and composing emails, but also like the tactile pleasures and ease of use of a touchscreen.

Matt Pucci
on 10 January 2010
My 13 year-old daughter chose this phone herself; in her words "It's BRILL!" Has all the features she wanted and looks really smart. Touch screen is very responsive and pull-out QWERTY keyboard is dead easy to use. Really light and fits easily in the palm of your hand and pocket. You will need Micro SD card to boost the memory for pictures and tunes. :-]
on 16 August 2010
Overall I am very happy with my purchase and I think this phone is excellent. You can customise the home page with widgets of your choice, you have the best of both worlds with the qwerty keypad and the touch screen is very responsive. The battery life is excellent and will not let you down. I would personally recommend reading up on the features of this phone before deciding whether it suits your needs. I am very happy with this phone and I would recommend this phone to anyone who is looking for a simple touch screen phone with an amazing qwerty keypad.
I have had this unit for some 5 months now as part of a Car phone warehouse O2 upgrade deal.

Not a bad phone IF you are into extensive texting and have smallish fingers for use on the touch screen. The menus are reasonably intuitive but you have to try for youself as the "handbook" that comes with the phone is as useful as a chocolate teapot

The touch screen system is a total nightmare if you have pudgy or even standard size digits as the wrong functions will pop up like rabbits . It is also a nightmare if , on phoning a utility company or bank , you get through to a multichoice menu which required you to type in a number as you have to turn the phone on its side to use the QWERTY keyboard and THEN use a function key to access numbers and not letters. Perhaps my hands are to clumsy for this but I have dropped the phone each time I tried to do this ( PLEASE advise me if you find a better way!)

The camera is adequate but basic , I haven't really explored the Internet functions as they tend to be exorbitantly expensive ( in my limited experience) .You can put significant memory ( minisdhc card - ca 4GB) and can get data transfer leads ( from Amazon) to download to PC. You have to get the Samsung PC software separately (free) of the internet.

A big attraction for some will be the MP3 player function ( ear phones are basic) - you can upload tunes from your PC to the micro SDHC card memory card.

There is also Blue Tooth connectivity for hands freee earphones for use in a car

However - my main interest was for a basic , reliable easy to use phone .

Give me a NOKIA keyboard phone any day BUT if the product attracts you try and judge for yourself .

Youngsters will no doubt find this an excellent / relatively cheap text machine

I R Cox SAGAlout
on 13 October 2011
Have had one of these phones on contract for just over a year - roll on for the next 6 months so I can get away from it! Just like some other reviewers my phone likes to turn its self on and off - even when in a cover with the key lock on. It is also prone to dialing random numbers from my phone book as it feels like it. I must dis-agree with the reviewer who was concerned with the hand book being in German - believe me even the one in English tells you nothing! I had to contact Samsung to get the factory set PIN to set security - who told me to contact the shop I purchased it from who told me to contact thier help desk who told me to contact Samsung. I have had this phone sitting next to another make phone on the same network but the signal strength on the Samsung was nill (the Nokia had full strength!) I did debate on contacting Samsung on this matter but past experience with getting any info from them made me give up before I started.
On the plus side the keypad is quite good although a bit small - but it is phone so a large keypad would require a larger phone.
In sunnary - would I buy again - MOST POSITIVELY NOT. In fact I will not buy any Samsung goods from now on.
on 27 December 2012
Easily the best phone I've ever had. I've been using it for 2 years and never had much problem with it. Has extensive features such as internet, bluetooth and Facebook, without the hassle and over-complication (and price) that smartphones have. The QWERTY keyboard is a blessing for texters and the keys are a decent size, unlike a lot of other QWERTY phones.

I'd also like to point out from experience that it's a pretty robust phone. As someone who tends to drop their phone a lot, fragile ones are out of the question, so this is perfect!
on 14 September 2012
A brilliant phone I bought through Amazon 12 months ago used and is working great excellent perfomance and all round sorage facilty.I use it as an MP3 player while on the bus etc: also use it for my shopping list.
Aslo has a good feature Auto Call Reject,thinking of getting a second one for a back up in the future.
VINE VOICEon 11 May 2011
I have had this phone for more than 12 months,i can say that it is a very good phone and it is very quick to use,the key pad pulls out and is easy to use to text or use for E-mail,in the twelve months i have owned this phone i have never had one problem with it,i can also say that i take photos on a regular basis and they come out well all the time,the music you can record and transfer onto your phone or download and i can say that's easy and sounds quiet good for such a small item.
The phone as a whole is easy to use look's good and is lovely to handle it is good to play with and i would recommend this phone to anyone who wants an all round phone that preforms well with good looks,well done Samsung another good phone under your belt.
on 24 March 2012
Received my order within 2 days of ordering and despite the wife changing her mind not to keep the samsung phone, which was a good phone in good condition. I sent it back for a refund which i got. Overall got good customer service in terms of delivery and refund.
on 3 November 2010
There is a common fault with this phone. It is too touch sensitive. The slightest knock either in pocket or handbag and the phone switches itself on or off, even the phone lock is useless. I assume the key lock icon is easily and unknowingly touched when in pocket or bag and then mine has phoned the first person in my phonebook a few times (twice when she was in Spain )and I was totally unaware I was losing my credit. Reading other reviews I know I am not the only one with this problem. Samsung must know this is a design fault but don't want to know. If I had a car that switched itself on and off without the driver inside then the manufacturer would ADMIT it had a design fault and have a recall - obviously not Samsung!! I do not know what to do to oveecome this problem as I have even bought a stronger case but it still happens. DON'T BUY ONE.