on 16 April 2014
An excellent item which does exactly as I'd hoped. I do a lot of trekking around in wild places and this is just the job for sitting on either on wet ground, grass or rocks etc. It is really light in weight, pretty durable as far as I can tell and folds up easily and fastens with the velcro tab. I am really pleased and . . .the test of a good product . . .if I lost it or a large dog were to savage it etc . . I'd replace it immediately.
7 people found this helpful
on 29 November 2017
I've spent thousands on hiking gear and this little mat is one of the best purchases I've made by far, ideal for snow, rain and cold, can be folded in half again to compact it into a sack and it's very light, adds much needed comfort to a rocky cairn!, it's been up many a Munro and has not failed me yet, even the padding is still holding strong.
One person found this helpful
on 4 November 2015
Sometimes you get fed up of sitting on cold rocks and soggy grass all the time. When you're putting in the hard miles it's often the little things that make a big difference - and this is one of them.

This is a solid sit mat. It's comfortable to sit on and it's true what the other reviewers say - it does strangely keep your bum warm. It doesn't weigh anything so if you have the space in your rucksack it definitely justifies its place. The mat is not excessively bulky so it should fit inside most people's rucksacks without any trouble.

If you're on the fence, for the price I think you should give it a try.
One person found this helpful
on 17 October 2013
As Ray Mears says- any fool can be uncomfortable'. I hike a couple of times a week and find this little mat really very good. In the UK the ground tends to be wet most of the year and I hate mooching about looking for a dry spot to sit to have coffee. With this, there isn't that problem. You can use it fully flat- though it's a bit thin if you're sitting a while, or double it for more warmth and comfort
.I use it in bird-watching hides too- those wooden benches can be pretty cold and hard after a couple of hours! The mat is very light and folds neatly for easy stowage. Recommended.
5 people found this helpful
on 2 March 2018
Great. On cold metal train station benches, wet rocks and anything that needs something comfy. Compact, easy to roll up and fits neatly into my Berghaus 20l rucksack. Cheaper than Mountain Warehouse - though if you’re a National Trust member have a look in their shop. If you have your card, you’ll find there is a good reduction.
on 4 October 2016
When they arrived, I was concerned that they would be a bit small for our rear ends, which are not that sizeable. However, they were very useful, slipped into the rucksack easily, and were adequate for the bottoms! We used them on rocks and on the beach, and they just made that important difference to a comfortable rest/picnic, keeping out the damp, which is great for us oldies particularly :) They're very lightweight... four stars only because they're not exceptional.
on 24 June 2012
All my friends have had these for ages.
Me, I'm old school, sit on the grass or rocks!

My wife bought me this for a present, WOW, what had I been missing.
It's comfortable (relatively), saves you getting a wet bum, AND actually
heats your bum up somehow whilst using it (which is very nice on a cold day!)

Wished I had one for the last 20 yrs!!!
10 people found this helpful
on 29 January 2013
A folding sit mat which does exactly what you expect. It folds up when you need to pack it, and opens out when you need to sit down. It is light and convenient to carry when folded, and provides warmth and protection to that part of your anatomy that benefits from warmth and protection when you need to take a well earned break whilst trekking in damp, rocky, snowy or similar conditions.
It you take your bum with you when you go trekking you woiuld be well advised to take this sit mat with you also,
6 people found this helpful
on 22 May 2016
Compact and portable but big enough when folded out to sit/kneel on. Because it folds it fits nicely in a backpack. Use for my photography when I have to kneel to get the shot in damp or on uncomfortable surfaces. I saw lots of non-folding bulky solutions but this is much better. Would prefer a more neutral colour ideally to show less mud etc. A brown or green option would be nice.
on 7 April 2015
awesome. cant believe ive been sitting on cold, pile-inducing, prostate damaging, trouser soaking surfaces all these years.
I went to meet a friend the other day and we sat outside. this little baby on top of a wet, cold bench was warmer than the train seat id sat in on the way!
very impressed