on 19 September 2010
Fantastic product. May be white and look old fashioned, but it works brilliantly, just as other customers reviewed it. No problems connecting throughout the house and through external walls to conservatory.
on 8 October 2014
excellent router - replaces the one that i got from my isp, Plusnet. wifi punches through all the thick walls of my house, built in 1910, so i can stay connected all over the house and out in the garden.
on 31 July 2012
I purchased this item in september 2011 ,and was initially happy.However since yesterday the wireless has refused to work.It shows that wireless is enabled both by the green light on the front and in the configuration settings.However the wireless component is unable to resolve ip address or connect to default gateway.From googling it seems to be a common problem.Billion support looked at the system logs and said the wireless seems to be faulty.As its still under warranty i sent it back to billion today.Considering the cost of this unit ,i would have expected more reliability out of it.
on 23 February 2014
...and it's waaaay better. Easy to customise your settings and thereby tweak your network connection. I've got ADSL by BT - slowe as molasses (should be illegal to even call it "broadband") but with this router I can at least adjust some of the settings to get a few kilobits more. This router supports a VPN as well, and it's easy to navigate the various menus as you go through the settings. There is a good support forum on Billion's site for this router, lots of good information. I've been using it for about a year now and am very pleased with its performance.
on 12 November 2011
Excellent piece of kit, large size for what it is but well made and perfoms well. You won't be dissapointed, major improvement from my old talktalk modem
on 5 January 2012
My previous wireless routers have been a belkin and more recently netgear (DG834GT). Struggled with both. Netgear had to be rebooted nearly every day - drove my wife mad using laptop and iPad.
The billion bipac has worked perfectly for the last few weeks without a single reboot. The wireless range has improved and speed tests are also up on the netgear kit.
Previous good reviews are correct. A great wireless router. Really pleased and highly recommend it.
on 29 August 2013
This is a great modem-router. My Netgear was giving dropouts and low signal strength. I bought this after reading reviews on every router out there and am impressed so far. Signal strength is much better and the speed has significantly improved so streaming films wirelessly now works without issue. Yes, it is a bit large and ugly but plenty of room for the air to flow through.
on 4 March 2012
Reasonably easy to set up with plenty of options for those who understand them. Range and masonry penetration is no better than cheaper options .
Dual WAN only useful if you have two ISPs (who does!) - if you don't, save yourself £50 and buy a bog standard box.
Overall, not outstanding & you'll feel ripped off unless you can use dual WAN.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 March 2011
Despite the fact that this product ships for free to European countries, you will get it with a UK plug!

With most items on amazon you receive an continental european plug if you buy with a european shipping address.

Amazon and Billion have to sort this problem out, because there is no point in selling to all European countries and delivering it with a plug that can only be used in the UK.

Even after contacting customer support there was no answer. I hope they will solve this problem soon.
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 November 2011
Bought 7800N after reading impressive reviews. It worked like a charm. Got full bars on my wireless devices, which wasn't the case with several of my previous routers. All was well until yesterday when the wireless AP would not show up on any of my devices. Wired internet works though. No changes to my configuration. I am still struggling to find a fix. Checked [...] for solution. I ain't the only one. Several people had complained about the wireless AP issue. Check for yourself with keywords '7800N wireless'

Incidentally I bought this device in USA. But I have now returned to India. Not sure how I am going return. keeping fingers crossed. Probably my $150 is going inside drain.

For first few months, its a 5 start. Now its just 1.

Buy something else.