on 14 September 2012
It lasted 6 months before disconnecting every time the phone rang. Went back to my ancient Linksys WAG54GS, no disconnections since.

The wireless range and bandwidth were marginally better than Linksys.

It would lose wireless connection once in while, nothing major, but again worse than my Linksys.

So the search for a new router starts again(sigh).
on 6 August 2013
I have always used Billion products (here and overseas). This is the last product I will buy or recommend of theirs.

After 2 years and 1 month (just outside the warranty) my wireless has started to play up and sometimes not work at all.

This is a well known problem......wished I knew this 2 years ago!!!

Do not touch their products at all!!!
on 16 October 2015
So much more stable and configurable than my old router.
on 17 December 2010
I bought this to upgrade our trusty wired Netgear D834 so that we could have wireless connections (the wireless Netgears have mixed reviews). After plugging it in it comes up automatically with the config page. You really need to know what you're doing but most of this information you should have from your telco provider and it advises you to get this information in advance so it wasn't too bad. Part of the "problem" is that it is so capable (no need to buy a new router/modem if you suddenly get a cable connection) and therefore there are multiple options at each level. It needlessly (and in my view arbitrarily) splits options into Basic & Advanced so you have to hunt around for each item to look what's going on.

I initially had a problem with the DCHP Server until I realised that it allocated random IP addresses to computers in the range 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.200 and if you wanted fixed addresses (say for a printer that likes a permanent address) then these had to be outside this range. It might seem obvious to some but it's not well thought through for people who are picking these things up as they go along. They should look at the Netgear set-up for ease of use and guidance notes on each webpage and not expect people to rely on a separate pdf. Normally this shouldn't be a problem but not everything is covered (what is a Default Lease Time and why should I have it fixed at 24 hours when I have a fixed network?) so you are forced to trust that it knows what it's doing.
On the positive side, it seems to have a solid connection with the internet and the wireless side was less painful to set up (WAP/WAP2/WEP with multiple options) and it was finally helpful that there was some guidance on screen as to password lengths required for each option.
So on the whole a good router let down by poor user guide. At least 75% of its options I would probably never have needed to look at if it had worked as a plug and play network router as it claims to be.

UPDATE 31st MAY 2011: After working well for 5 months this is now no longer working as a DHCP Server with auto IP address allocation (despite it saying that it is and everything else working) and I had to configure manual IP addressed to all our attached computers before giving up and going back to our trusty Netgear.
Before anyone asks, yes I reinstalled & then upgraded the firmware from factory settings. I have told it that it was born out of wedlock and it almost certainly has own circle of hell waiting for it when it dies.
on 6 March 2011
This device doesn't win prizes for aesthetics (though it is smaller than it appears in the pictures) but it worked straight out of the box, has a very simple setup and hasn't dropped the ADSL connection once in the month that it has been in operation. Not many modem routers can claim that.
on 1 October 2010
I bought this as a replacement to my Wireless N Netgear router that didn't even manage a whole year before it turned to junk. This little baby has been rock solid so far, excellent WiFi signal and the integrated Gigabit switch is a blessing! Worth the extra £££!
on 7 February 2015
Gone is the regular reboot of the BT router...
on 16 September 2014
Very good and easy to use, as I expected it.
on 26 April 2015
its okay but no better than my bt home hub 3
on 22 July 2014
had this a while and it just keeps going