Colour: Ivory|Change

on 7 September 2011
Bought this last year for my partner-he totally loves it! Very high quality product,has been sitting in our fairly damp bathroom for over a year and still in pristine condition! The razor is very balanced (according to my partner) and makes shaving very easy and comfortable. It all looks lovely on the bathroom shelf as well! Well worth buying and you can get shaving soap in Boots which is a lot cheaper that the Edwin Jagger brand and also fits in the shaving bowl! :)
on 26 October 2012
Can't tell how this product will last, which is important in a review, but first impressions are that it is less weighty than I expected for the money. However, it looks and feels nice, so works as a smart bathroom accessory.
on 4 November 2011
Excellent product for the price, very well made. The brush is soft and helps create a nice lather, the can is more than adequate size-wise while the razor fits very comfortably in hand and provides an excellent shaving using Mach3 blades.
on 9 January 2012
Bought as a Christmas gift, the recipient seems very happy with his present. Bought with the matching soap which is smaller than the dish included. I liked the fact that it fits Gilette Mach3 blades, which the gift recipient has used for ages. Quality product, well-packaged, and speedy delivery.
on 26 November 2012
This is for my boyfriend's Christmas present and he didn't want me to spend hundreds for a shaving set and as Amazon do offer quite a few nice looking affordable ones from renowned brands, just like this one, I went for this one.
I can only judge on the look and it seems lovely and I inspected the items all individually wrapped in tissue and boxed as shown in my photos.

BUT!!!! there is a difference with the picture advertised, The brush/Razor's edge have NOT got any nice silver line edge unlike photo from Amazon shop.....see for yourself.
But as this item isn't for me, I will not get inconvenienced by sending it back and keep it as men don't care as much about such details as long as it works. Had it been for me, I would have returned it as I hate being misled.

Amazon, beware of using misleading/inaccurate photos, you have been warned and pointed out by me on that one!! I may even call you regarding this careless mistake...
review image review image
on 2 May 2014
I bought this shaving set for myself after shopping around for a while because it was a great price. I've been using a shaving brush for about a year and wanted one that looked a bit better on the bathroom shelf, this one doesn't disappoint in fact I think it looks great.

It arrived very quickly and looks exactly like the picture, it came in a nice box with each piece individually wrapped in tissue paper and bubble wrap. It would appear a lot more expensive if bought as a present for somebody.

As for quality I've got no problems with the brush, it's very soft genuine badger hair and produces a rich lather with very little effort. The only negative is that the razor feels a little bit light, I'd prefer something a bit heavier but maybe that's just me.
on 3 February 2014
I bought this as a present for my husbands birthday.

He loves it.

I liked the fact the razor is Gillette compatible, although turns out my husband prefers to use a different type of blade anyway.

Nonetheless it looks great in our vanilla and cream bathroom and is a nice traditional luxury item.

The bristles are not made from pig hair which is perfect for those people who abstain from pig products.

This is probably used about twice a week (maybe more) when my partner has meetings etc and wants to have a 'proper shave'.

Would definitely recommend
on 10 April 2012
As a first time user of a shaving brush, this has worked quite well. The handles for the brush and razor are well finished, and the plating on the stand and bowl have --so far-- not shown any sign of deterioration from being exposed to the humidity of the washroom after showers. The included razorblade did not seem very sharp, but that's obviously the disposable bit.
on 6 April 2011
Pleased with this item; looks nice, performs well. Glad I bought the version with the bowl included; soap sits in bowl and all the suds/mess is contained.
on 30 November 2012
Plodded on with a basic razor and brush for many years and, while it was satisfactory, it was basic. On a whim, brought this smart set. It's very good and much prettier on the bathroom shelf; however, it's just a shaving set albeit a very pretty and competent one. The key component, the cutting blades, are, of course, a replaceable item.