on 27 January 2014
So glad I bought this coat in early autumn 2013!! Has been prefect for this rainy winter (2013/14). Keeps me completely dry even on 2 hour dog walks in the pouring rain. Clips with poppers up high on the neck to keep rain and wind out and corduroy collar lining is gentle on the face. Hood is fine for me, its size means it does not blow off in the wind. Sleeve ends can be kept tight tight with attached velcro straps. Inner cotton lining (including hood) means coat comfortable and warm on windy/not to cold days. On cold days I wear a thin 'Thinsulate' thermal jacket underneath. Sized generously as other reviewers have indicated. I am size 12, bought a size 10 so could wear long sleeved thermal jacket. Also tried- it a size 8, which fitted more closely and was slightly more flattering but too tight for fleece/thermal jacket. Outer fabric not goretex/aqua-dry or equivalent so does not breathe and so probably not a summer raincoat. Wipes down well - I have had no problem wiping off muddy paw prints. Navy is a proper dark navy blue. External side pockets are deep but have no zip or fastening. Has one fair sized inner pocket which does not have a zip, just a small piece of velcro. Also a small inner phone pocket with no zip/velcro - my phone could slip out when I bend down, though it hasn't. Could do with zipped inner pockets for wallet etc. A nice looking, functional coat.
34 people found this helpful
on 14 November 2015
I took a long time to decide on what coat to buy for dog walking as these are £65 & that's a lot of money if u get it wrong to buy a coat to walk ur dog! But although I do not particularly like the fact I feel like I am wearing my Grandad's coat because of its style & old fashioned tartan lining (u can see the tartan in the hood all the time if u have hood attached) this coat keeps me dry & keeps the wind out. So I do need to keep in mind I am not on a fashion parade when walking the dog & practical is better than getting drenched! If the manufacturer could change the tartan for a more upto date design & put a zip in the inside pocket for ur phone it would be perfect. I have worn twice now in pouring rain & am dry when I get home. I wear a cap under the hood to keep rain out of my eyes. Also it had Velcro ties to hold coat together near ur knees, they go round legs, good design as it stops bottom of coat flapping.
3 people found this helpful
on 2 January 2017
I'm a size 13 but ordered a 14 for wooly jumper space, I think I would order the 12 next time.

Great for watching my son play Rugby, really does reduce the wind chill factor.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2016
A bit big, but that's perfect for me. It means I can wear layers underneath without getting restricted. Have wanted a proper rain proof jacket like this for ages and I am glad I got this one. Nice design and quite light, but not an ounce of rain gets through - even on a windy, wet, sodden day in Edinburgh! The hood, as other people have said, doesn't come way over your head but it tightens up just nicely across the middle of my forehead, and I can easily fit a hat with a peak under there if I want to protect my face.
on 7 November 2016
A lovely stylish coat. My wife says there's plenty of room for a warm jumper underneath, it's long enough to say hello to the top of her wellies which keeps her legs nice and dry, and since we took the dog for a walk in the pouring rain, she can confirm that it's definitely waterproof. Worth every penny.
on 15 August 2013
The photographs of these waterproof coats look excellent - the write up makes the coat sound really good - when it arrived I could not believe it. Even better than I had ever dreamed of - right down to the smallest details the quality is first class and it arrived in less time than stated - a really quick turn round and because of the reasonable price I just did not think it would be as good as it said it was. But they were right - so extremely pleased.
4 people found this helpful
on 25 May 2018
Purchased for elderly lady who wanted to keep dry waiting for her bus. She loves this coat because apart from being waterproof it is very lightweight. She had previously seen my coat and always said she’d like one. A very happy and satisfied customer
on 23 August 2017
It's really good but the size is big if you want it to be perfect fit bye a size smaller. It keeps me warm and dry even with the most heavy rain fall. I can recommend it.
on 17 November 2014
This is my second of these coats, so I know the sizing, it allows for thicker garments like jumpers to be worn under it which I find useful. It is brilliant in heavy rain and for dog walks. Wish they made a breathable version though as on milder wet days it can make you sweaty, you also have to watch it on rocks and sharp obstacles (though for most people this probably isn't an issue) as it rips easily. Having said that, this is the best rain coat ever, and looks great around town or out on the moors.
on 24 October 2014
Unfortunately when this coat first arrived the wrong size had been sent otherwise the service would have been extremely prompt. However, after an email the company rectified the mistake promptly, efficiently and with profuse apologies. I was sent a returns label and the correct size arrived within a week. The coat itself is great, comfortable and roomy enough for a fleece underneath should this be necessary, great for country walks and keeping dry. My only concern is perhaps I should have ordered it in the red...well perhaps later!