Top positive review
79 people found this helpful
Ideal for getting organised.
on 28 September 2013
I'm a adult Lego builder with over 250,000 Lego pieces. Such a collection needs some serious organisation if you want to spend your time building and not searching for pieces.
These boxes have 3 fixed dividers running the across the width of the box (across ways in the image). These split the box up into 50mm wide strips (just about 6 studs in Lego). The dividers can then slot in securely at 25mm intervals (apart from one slot missing at each catch). This means the smallest compartment size is 25mm x 50mm (just right for a sausage finger to get in) and the largest can be a whole row which is 345mm x 50mm. (depth is about 45mm)
Things I like about these boxes:
- They are transparent, so I can see what's in there without opening them up.
- I can tip the tray upside down and shake it. Everything stays in its allocated space and the lid doesn't burst open.
- The adjustable divers allow you to customise the space for the different types and quantities of parts, allowing a far more efficient use of space.
- The corners of the compartments are curved so you can scoop those last few parts out easily.
- The dividers slot in snugly using bevelled edges to stay in place and don't slip out when you don't want them to.
- The hinges aren't flaps of plastic that will eventually break through wear, they are proper plastic hinges that I would expect to last longer.
- The case is sufficiently rigid and robust and multiple units can be stacked up.