on 27 April 2017
It does make waking up in the winter that bit easier so for that three stars for doing the job. I am slightly at a loss why a timer, bulb and variable resistor should all come to £60 as there's nothing special I can see about how it's made. One thing to note (you may like it / you may not) is that you have to remember to set it each night or it won't come on - given you can get DAB alarms with multiple timers for this money there should be a better solution.
on 2 March 2017
Returned, quality a lot poorer than they used to be. Just feels like cheap plastic.

Phillips is far superior
on 7 June 2017
This is one of the best purchases I have ever made.

I have CFS/ME and find it very difficult to actually wake up and function. Even when I do wake up I still feel exhausted throughout the day. While this did not get rid of my CFS/ME. It helped me wake up and feel more awake than I have in a very long time.

The night time function helps me fall asleep much easier. As it slowly dims I can feel myself feeling more and more tired.

I have yet to fault this product. I simply love it.
on 6 February 2017
I'm pretty sure I have some sort of seasonal depression disorder brought on by the dark mornings. At the very least I dread waking up on a dark winters day and having to get up to work.

BUT NO MORE!!

Happy days, these are great. I feel pretty good when I wake up, refreshed as I can be for the amount of sleep I may have had, and more importantly ready to get up. I've had this for about a month and they have completely changed how I feel when I wake up in the morning - so good I got one for my wife side of the bed in case I'm turned in the wrong direction from the light, and my wife has noticed a different in how she feels as well.

Would definitely recommend.
on 13 February 2017
I have to say this is an AMAZING clock! Without being sarcastic, it has changed my mornings. Yes, it gives the time and there is an alarm setting with sound and light if you choose it, not so strange if you're looking for an alarm clock, but, and this is a BIG BUT, it can wake my son up without him being grumpy, even on a school day. This really does work by gradually increasing the light. (It definitely beats my repertoire that starts with gentle words and ends with kicking the bed and slapping the light on.) In addition, the sunset feature works a treat, and signals time for sleep. THANK YOU. He's 13 and he's also grateful (as it means he can save himself from saying 'go away' at least twice a day). Great product, I definitely recommend it for those who have trouble sleeping/waking during winter.
on 15 October 2015
I bought this because the winters in England are dark and I really struggle to wake up and actually feel awake. Other reviews state that people wake up before the alarm sounds, just because their room is lit up. I have not found this. With that being said, the clock is still working wonders. I suppose my brain knows the room is light even though I don't wake up because of it. When the alarm does go off (a very quiet beeping) I wake up wide eyed and bushy tailed! It is amazing. I suppose my brain is registering the light and waking up is so easy! It is also a great light to read by. In addition, my husband wakes up later than I do and with the light dimmed down I can still get ready for work without turning on the bright over head light and don't wake him up. Would 100 recommend. Definitely worth the money.
on 5 December 2016
In the summer I am great at getting up but I started to notice that during the darker mornings, not only was I struggling to wake up but my mood was really low throughout the day. I bought this clock/light about a week ago after doing a little research and I cannot tell you enough how much it has helped me!! It doesn't necessarily wake me up (I still have an alarm) but when my alarm goes off I find it so much easier to feel awake!
I will just say that the light does get quite warm so I wouldn't really put it in a child's room within reach!
on 16 April 2016
I bought this as my eyes struggle with going from dark to light so suddenly so this slowly lights up the room and therefore when I do wake up my eyes are already ready and adjusted. This has been really useful post eye surgery.
It does seem to have subtly improved my state of the mind in the mornings, nothing else has changed, so thank you lumie - I am not a morning person and would normally really resist getting up, and it is has not been that bad since having lumie.
I could not have it next to the bed on the bedside table, it was too bright near my face, so put it on the dressing table across the room, that really works.
on 5 May 2017
This is a fantastic light for anyone who suffers from SAD.
It is an essential piece of kit for me and when my old one broke I was concerned I couldn't buy an identical replacement. This is much better with the display and functions. The buttons are much nicer to use and the display dims about 10 minutes into the sunset function so it isn't ridiculously bright over night.

A worthwhile investment for anyone who struggles to get through the winter mornings in the UK!
on 23 February 2017
Does what it says on the tin- I am gently awakened by the light about ten minutes before the time I set for the alarm- much more pleasant to be woken up in this way. It is attractive (though slightly retro) in appearance and does not look cheap. The ability to dim/turn up the light to one's taste when used as a bedside lamp is quite nice and it can be used as a clock as well (the digital display can be suppressed if desired). The major disadvantage is that it needs to be plugged into mains and if unplugged, needs re-setting on plugging in again.