on 24 April 2013
I joined a walking group after I left work & was wearing a well worn pair of boots and bog standard walking socks. I thought at first that I just needed to toughen up my feet and get used to walking again as every time I ended up with sore blistered feet ;( I bought my first pair of these socks when buying a new pair of boots, The first time I went out with new unworn boots and these socks I was so pleased as no blisters or sore feet. I bought a second pair as spares for when the other pair were in the wash.
These socks are not long but I don't like the trousers tucked in socks look! Also they seem small but they are very stretchy and fit snugly so the design gives the promised support, however I do have narrow feet. They wash well too. I have been very pleased with them but as asocial walker it will take me a long time to walk 1000 miles!
on 25 July 2014
I bought these socks for a friend who was about to embark on a two-month walk to Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle! So you can imagine she put them to the roughest test possible and all I can say is that she came back with the very same socks and told me they were incredible. That's all I can really say about that. The promised delivery date was met and all was really well. Not having worn them myself, my friend's comment above and her satisfaction must remain the only recommendation I can give.
on 17 December 2016
These socks were fantastic at reducing blistering. Just don't expect them to last longer than 6 months. The elastic has gone in both socks to the extent that they both sag underneath my feet when running.... they're now unusable. I've contacted the company directly to advise of same. I doubt I'll get a response.
on 29 December 2015
A snug fit (I think that is the idea), these fit well on my size 3s. I used them to road-test some new walking shoes and they served the purpose as a barrier between my ankle and hard edges at the back of the new shoes. Even though the shoes are broken in, I will use these for dedicated walking weekends and expect them to last well.
on 29 October 2017
I’ve used these socks on various challenges. They’ve always served me very well. They’ve only let me down once - half way through a 100km non-stop walk, I experienced blisters and I certainly had not walked 1000 miles in them.
on 16 June 2014
I love these socks and will get another pair once my size is in stock. They are quite thick, double layered and very comfy. They are not as per the picture though, they are trainer socks, so much shorter than those shown and also predominantly blue and grey with a narrow white collar below the ankle. Would have given 5 stars for the sock, but one off for the wrong image!!
on 30 August 2016
These socks I wore on a 23mile charity walk
They were fine apart from I did get a blister on the back of my heal within the first 5miles but other than that they served me well.
on 26 January 2014
i got these to wear in my welly boots for when i walk the dog as i had some new welly boots and got a blister on my heel so far so good nice and comfy.
on 8 September 2013
Purchased these for a student for their DofE Practice excursion and excursion tests. They have some difficulty with their Achilles Tendon and since this offered support for that part of the foot I thought I'd give it a try.

The student says it was very comfortable and their were no blisters nor any problems with their Achilles tendon after 13 hours of walking (even though the boots they wore the socks with were a very old & well worn in pair of Timberland boots not particularly made for walking). I would have given the socks a five stars except it didn't remain as supple and soft after the very first washing.
on 18 February 2015
Other reviews were good, but for me these socks were uncomfortable. I do have very narrow feet though, so it may be that they were not stretched fully, and kept rucking up underneath the foot and hurting me. Very disappointed as they weren't cheap.