Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 15 September 2012
If like me you like true movies then these 3 films will not disappoint. I'm not really a fan of subtitled films but for some reason with these you get so into the story you forget about it after a while.

Although quite sad there is an overwhelming sense of victory and honour in all 3 films. I have to say after watching the North Face I went a bit crazy and bought every film that involved mountain climbing ie Touching The Void to name a few. So relax and enjoy :)) xx
on 2 April 2014
I was disappointed with the set under the title of WW2 .All apparently 'true' films, 'North Face' is nothing to do with WW2 except by a wild extension of belief. It is a powerful and gripping film of true and tragic mountaineering, but is not a war film. 'The Counterfeiters' is an interestign slant on activities of prison camps, but again not a real 'war film' for addicts. 'Days of Glory' is a good film, and although the lead actor is well-known in France, his one-armed handicap is very hard to hide,and makes his character unbelievable.
VINE VOICEon 13 September 2010
3 brilliant films with more depth than the usual hollywood tripe. ignore the other reviewers comment about subtitles. all three are excellent films that have varied themes on WW2. well worth the money
22 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2013
Good but all the DVDs are in another language , check before you buy ( I didnt haha). I love war films so this didn't bother me, would recommend THE COUNTERFEITER'S, that was amazing the best out of the 3 !
on 16 March 2014
I bought this as a gift for my husband and we were most disappointed when watching the films to see that they were in German (2) and French(1), with subtitles in English. The stories were actually good, as was the acting, but as my husband does not speak either German or French, it took more concentration than he would have chosen.
It was not indicated that these films were not in English in the description or at point of purchase.
on 15 February 2013
Was not made aware of foreign language before purchase,therefore very disappointed. I would not have made the purchase if I had known
Not your usual practice

Mrs M B Barnett
I bought this not knowing that the films were in French and German, now, that's fine if you speak French and German but when I watch a movie I like to watch it, not read it!!

Why on earth is the box in English if the movies aren't. Someone needs to wake up.
on 8 January 2015
They are all in French or German! Only English subtitles
on 27 July 2012
very disapointing after the TV advert build up. The items are far short of the many other war films available really not worth the expense.
on 5 January 2013
The box set does say what language each film is in ..on the back in minute print...not made obvious enough