Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 3 February 2012
I bought this as a gift and followed the advice of a drum tutor and a musician! It's a great kit. Very easy to assemble. Makes a good noise, both through headphones and amp. Bought for a leftie and one advantage over some other kits is that it can be set up in any formation that you like. Would definitely recommend. Great value for money.
on 10 August 2011
Seems that there is some negative feedback about the Alesis DM6 kit. Have to say that as an acoustic player of some 30 years my first full adventure into the electronic alternative has impressed me greatly. Sure...I have supplemented my conventional drums with electronic pads to reasonable effect in the past but make no mistake that this hugely value for money alternative to acoustic is pretty damn good. Would I use it for gigging?.....yep. All I would replace is proper cymbals and hi-hats and a snare for brush work otherwise with the right amplification it would be fine. The feel of the pads is excellent and the overall sound (once you assign the preferred voices and volume)tasty and professional.

I am a critical drummer with a hard to please attitude but this Kit is more than worth the money.

Bob
11 Comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 September 2010
Bought this for my son, who has been playing for about 4 months. The kit was relatively easy to set up and it sounds great - but don't expect studio quality. We usually stick to headphones. You get noise from the bass pedal through the bedroom floor but it's acceptable and much better than the racket from acoustic drums. It's just ideal for a beginner.
on 2 May 2010
Having recently purchased the Alesis DM6 package, I am overall very impressed with the kit and the other parts of the package too. My only slight complaint is that the headphones provided didn't actually work with the kit - as they had a different jack, I had to provide my own; a minor complaint, and the only one to speak of, so overall I'm very pleased with the deal. Cheap, too.
on 15 April 2014
I wasn't expecting too much from this purchase to be honest, considering the price, but I was wrong to expect so little of it. It is a great product and sounds great either via headphones (not included) or through a PA amp (obviously also not included!). I would go so far as to say that the sound quality would not be out of place for a small gig. The set-up was very easy, the thing is foldable and takes up little space and within 10 minutes of receiving it I was playing, albeit badly but that's to do with my skill level not the product.

I heartily recommend this kit to anyone who wants to learn the drums or already plays but needs a budget or small kit.
on 13 March 2014
I toyed with giving it five stars but thought I'd hold one back because I wouldn't want to mislead anyone.

This is perfectly adequate for someone who is very new to drumming and wants to practice on something other than pots and pans but doesn't want to spend any more money than absolutely necessary. It is reasonably easy to assemble. It does what it says on the tin.

I bought this after my first drum lesson because I knew that I was never going to practice if it meant hitting household objects with sticks. I also live in a flat and wouldn't want a proper drum kit for any price. I like this because it enables me to practice without anyone hearing how utterly rubbish I am. I'm all "boom-chicks-boom-chicka" in my headphones and that's all I need.

You do get what you pay for, though. This thing is a bit flimsy. I don't mean that it will break. Only that is's not the sturdiest thing int he world. I have a hard time getting all four legs to the same height so it sort of leans. And some of the pads will move, although tightening them helps. The placement of the pads relative to their positions on an actual drum kit is somewhat approximate. After all, this is just a set of pads clipped to a clothes airer-like rack.

The volume isn't that great - I can hear the actual sound my my sticks or the floor pedals even when I'm wearing the headphones at full volume. But, it is enough that I can hear what I'm doing and it's gratifying.

It would be lovely to have a really nice proper electronic drum kit that was built more like a real drum kit but it's not worth the money for me to do that. And I doubt I'll ever buy real drums because I don't intend to play in public, ever. So, this is a fine entry-level kit and I will probably use it for a long time.
on 26 August 2013
This is the first review I have ever written so forgive me for a lack of "Buzz words" and I will restrict things to honest opinion. I have been a gigging semi-pro drummer for over 40 yrs and am hugely fussy about my acoustic set ups. I have augmented electronic drums for quite some time but never gone the whole way and substituted electronics for acoustic on stage.

My principal reason for buying an electronic kit was practice and teaching. I have now owned a DM6 for 18 months and can say that in terms of value for money, reliability, sound quality, feel and overall performance it is an exceptional piece of kit.

Electronic experts will find flaws I`m sure but from my perspective I am more than happy. Have used it on live gigs (supplemented with an acoustic snare drum for brush work) and it has performed well and with the right amplification sounds great.

For the money don`t even hesitate. I have played far more expensive electronic kits since and prefer the tonal quality of the DM6 unless you want to pay big money.

Bob
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 January 2014
This was a purchase made by my teenage son and one he patiently saved up for. The price was great and the product was easy to assemble. Follow up service from the supplier was prompt and polite. No hesitation in recommending either the product or seller.
on 18 April 2016
The kit feels great and, especially with headphones on, sounds great overall and has lots of different features to fine tune how you want each piece of the kit to sound.
My only advice is that you should have a dedicated drum amp if you want to play out loud, because using a guitar amp will not produce very good sounds.
When you get this kit, switch it to kit 3 and press the kit button until it displays "EQM", and turn it up to 5. Then, press the kit button again so it displays "EQL" and turn this all the way up. The sounds are a million times better.
You've really just got to fiddle about hntil you find the best settings
on 16 September 2016
I was so excited to buy this from my husband but the snare drum and Tom 2 is not working the Kick drum is very loud and overall all the drums are too quiet and are drowned out by the melodies. Despite balancing them. You can barely hear the drums over the tapping of the drum sticks! As this was an anniversary present it is doubly disappointing. I am returning