on 26 March 2014
My knitting has never been the best, I end up with either dropped or extra stitches from who knows where. Having got back into french knitting recently I then discovered these looms and decided to give them a go. They work best with a thick wool - the chunkier the better and making hats has never been easier. The instructions are rather basic and just for making hats, not scarves/booties as the product details suggest, but pattern books are available if you want to branch out into something more complicated. However with the set, I have knitted up a few hats in practically no time at all and all the finishing that is required is pulling the wool together at the end and stitching or knotting it together. The 4 different sizes give a good choice, the smallest one would be a baby hat size, I have used mainly the 2 middle sized ones for ladies and children's sizes and am using the largest one for a looser knit snood/scarf. They are substantial and very well made and each pin has a deep groove in it for ease of picking up the wool with the awl provided. If you need to make lots of hats (I put them in Christmas charity shoeboxes etc.) then these are worth the very reasonable price.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2016
easy to use... one peg fell out but did actually slot back in....
if you want to make slipper-type socks, use 2nd size lomm apart from children's use, or socks will be too tight to get around heel... am only size 6 but will use 2nd hoops if making adult's socks, as I advis you to do also unless you like very tight fit.
Strong, good price and helpful of you can skin-cnditions which wool on needles might aggravate, as you handle wool differently .
Fun, too - they grow quite fast!
on 25 May 2017
thank you for the circular loom although the small loom (blue) has not got the piece on the side so will find it difficult to use
on 13 April 2017
Fab
on 30 January 2016
Love love love these, so easy to make hats, and snoods with them. Fast postage too
on 20 May 2015
very good
on 3 July 2015
Awesome
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 December 2012
My neices can both crochet - the older one is getting quite proficient now. However they both wanted to be able to knit like me, often watching in awe while I make all these jumpers etc. but I knew I would have much time to teach them, living a fair distance away.

The chance came when they were staying overnight for a joint brithday treat with me. I thought, as I was taught, that loom knitting is a great start as they get used to knowing where the wool goes, ready for the full thing next time. So I bought this set and an extra hook (or pick). These are great as they have a groove down the side, so much easier than the nails I had to work with as a child!

Being quite big, you need some chunky wool, but theres a lot of this around. You also need something strectchy, so go for wool, acrylic, or a mix of those. Avoid cotton, linen and bamboo like the plague until you know what you are doing!!

The instructions are on the packet, so you dont need a book yet, just see how you like it at first. The 12 year old had the knack within half an hour, along with her mum who I also taught! The 6 year old took a little longer, but in a couple of hours was going strong. In fact the younger one started herself before breakfast, and announced that she totally loved this!

A great success, and a very low effort sleepover for me to manage :)