on 20 July 2015
Nothing too demanding from Rod on this disc. Long gone have been the days when this singer could produce sounds and words that would linger long in the memory or on the tongue. Yet he continues to present his music in an entirely acceptable way, even bringing some new approach and interpretation to standard songs. Such is the nature of this disc. Suitable for quieter listening that will not demand too close attention.
on 13 November 2015
This is an album that is best described as pleasant background music . I like Rod and his live performances are fantastic but there are much better performers for this type of album . if you are only going to buy one cd like this then Sinatra and buble spring to mind as far better options.
on 16 May 2017
Fast delivery and well packaged. Would use the seller again. Good value for the money. .this is a really good cd. I think that rod stewart should do more soul now.
on 14 March 2016
CD was a gift. It was very much appreciated by the person who received it.
However delivery was poor. I was in. No attempt was made to wring the bell or knock, a card was put through the door and the package left with the next door neighbour.
on 7 September 2017
Well what is there to complain about? Great 'oldies' from Rod, he never throws out a bad one!
Delivery very good.
on 19 January 2018
Although I'd downloaded this,it's such a great cd I wanted it for my collection
on 16 January 2013
Not like his other albums in the song book collection. Easy listening, catchy tracks, some tracks remind me of the old crooners such as Andy Williams. Wasn't sure what to expect, have had mixed reviews. I'm pleased with the content of the album, quite catchy and help me concentrate when I work out at the gym twice a week, keeps me focused. Will be looking to add to my collection on my mp3
on 12 November 2012
I have always liked some (not all) of his work, but I like a number of the songs on this CD, it was great, I now have it in the car and listen all the time. I can truely say I think his voice is enhanced by the choice of song, much better than some of his 'rock' I think. I am so impressed that I am actually buying the Christmas CD he has released... If you Like smooth, you will like this.
on 25 June 2016
Brilliant Album, Rod sings some of the best known Soul songs and you will be singing along to most if not all. This is a great one for the car if that is where you like to sing most. Love it.
on 11 September 2010
As a disabled person I don't have much money so I was really happy to get this as I have always been a Rod fan, but I have always been a soul fan too, so both together is heaven. Rods voice is great as usual but it sure does do credit to these songs Glad its part of my collection, I even got a second one as a birthday pressie for my sister in law, she loves it too. Better get the tartan knickers out to wear when I listen to it again. Rod fans will get it.