Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Learn more Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 6 August 2017
A must read for any Patrick Swayze fan. Really loved this book. Opened my eyes to all the things Patrick Swayze achieved In his life. To have all those talents, the drive and the determination both in his career and in his personal life. He showed unwavering courage, heart and determination to the end. He also acknowledged his vulnerabilities. I have always been a fan of his work, starting with Dirty Dancing and Ghost, but realise that I am now also a big fan of the man, whose book has certainly given me food for thought and an admiration for a truly gutsy, warm, kind hearted, determined and talented person. RIP Patrick.
8 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2018
I don't think I have ever read such a poignant, emotional , dramatic, inspirational story such as this before.
How anyone can think of giving this a negative review, I can't comprehend.
I had always liked the films that I had seen of Patrick's and was very sad at his passing. I had no idea of his personal journey .

I am very grateful for Patrick and indeed Lisa for sharing their " Love Story " with us.
Feel all the richer for it.
Remember the last words he spoke in Ghost and hope that he did indeed get to take all the love with him.
R.I.P. Patrick.
3 people found this helpful
on 16 March 2018
Surely there can't be a Patrick Swayze fan alive that wont want to actually hear Patrick himself guide you through his entire life story on this dvd, it's so open as he bares his sweet soul. he reveals his strong love for Lisa and his work, passion and dedication throughout his entire life to be the best in what ever he did, he shows his tender compassionate side when he speaks of the devastating events in his life. There is honesty concerning his faults.
Yes this wonderful man somehow packed ten lifetimes into his short lifetime. A beautiful man with a great big heart, sincere, honest and respected by more people than he could ever know. 'Buy this dvd and a big box of tissues, it will break our heart but it is something to treasure. 'Thanks for everything' Mr Patrick Swayze. God bless your sweet soul
on 16 August 2017
Amanda this is an actor i have followed in all his films. Absolutely one of the best actors in a long time.Lisa 💘 him so much it's a movie waiting to be made in itself.such a 😢 loss at such a promising time. We should all have the opportunity to see his final show when do we get to see it he deserves it to be seen by all when can we amazon
3 people found this helpful
on 12 March 2017
Always knew Patrick was a good actor, but after reading this book, I now know just how much he put In to each role, amazing read,amazing man, gone too soon.
4 people found this helpful
on 8 November 2017
I started reading this as I loved Patrick Swayze in North and South and in Ghost. It has made me aware of the struggle he had bother with his self worth and his ambition. He twice conquered alcohol addiction and had periods of deep depression.
It's a revelation with no holds barred
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 December 2011
This could so easy have been a desperately sad and emotional account of Swayze's battle with pancreatic cancer and indeed that was pretty much what I expected when I bought it. Instead what I got was a book that tells of a life incredibly full and well-lived. The Time of My Life shows that Swayze went to his grave having squeezed every last drop of experience out of his fifty-something years. His love for wife Lisa Niemi is one of the most extraordinary tales of fidelity and closeness and is undoubtedly rare for a man who, as one of the sexiest men of his era, must have had plenty of opportunity to fool around but never did.

The book is fast paced and you can't help thinking it's an attempt to capture his life and achievements without dwelling too long on any particular period in his life. I knew little about Swayze outside a few of his key films. Like women everywhere I fell in love with his character in Dirty Dancing but I had no idea of what he'd done before or after. Each time his body let him down after injury and more injury, Swayze picked himself up and started again. From football, to gymnastics, to ballet and eventually to acting, he was a survivor and a man willing to start over and give everything his best.

Although both Patrick and Lisa are credited with writing this, it's very much Patrick's story. I believe Lisa has a book coming out early in 2012 that tells about life after Patrick - I for one will want to get a copy. I assume the book has been ghost written but it's very well done. I enjoyed this far more than I expected for a book which could so easily have been about a death instead of a fantastic life.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 May 2018
Really interesting to read about his journey into films and how his love of football and dance made him the strong determined person he was. I didn't put it down I wanted to read everything he'd done and it come across in the book the love he had for his family and how much he adored his wife, loved her from the first moment.
on 9 November 2017
Easy to read. I hadnt realised how long these two were married to each other. Doesnt throw any mud around but keeps it about his quest for stardom in Hollywood.
on 19 January 2018
Really enjoyed this book. Was very interesting and inspirational. Great fan of Patrick Swayze and was great to read about his life and dreams.