on 22 June 2012
Though not a real fan of ZZ Top, occasionally a blast of this very good 'Best Of' compilation dislodges the ear wax and satisfies my craving for heavy, southern-based rock.

Some tracks are more commercial and can be heard in pubs up and down the country as bands (& audiences) love them, to cover and to rock along to. There's also quite a wide variety to their playing, they're not all 'Gimme All Your Loving', many here being more bluesy (check out Cheap Sunglasses, for some great instrumental playing).

This 18 track CD does all I want it to - and was good value. There may be better compilations out there and true devotees will always point to seminal original albums, but for the casual dropper-in on the loud beardy guys, this is perfect.
5 people found this helpful
on 12 April 2016
I had this as a cassette and decided to re-acquaint myself with it in CD form. Great stuff. My favourite used to be Legs but now I think it is one of the weaker tracks. It is rock with self awareness and humour. Witness Pearl Necklace and Cheap Sunglasses. They are also pretty mean musicians too especially Billy Gibbons who probably doesn't get the recognition he deserves as a rock guitarist.
on 27 March 2018
This has their best known singles on it and is a great album but I don't think it has all of ZZ Tops best songs
I got this album just to listen to in the background.
Worth buying for the casual ZZ Top listener
on 6 March 2014
Whilst I am pleased with this CD, I have to mention that among the well-known great tracks such as Sharp Dressed Man and Gimme All Your Lovin, there appears to be lesser known, more repetitive type songs that I personally can take or leave. It is a pity that great tracks from the Afterburner album were not included in this medley of hits which would have made this CD for me a 5 star!
on 21 July 2014
I love zz top and this album does what it says. All the classic greats are here along with a few lesser known tracks. Tube snake boogie remains my favourite but there is something here for everybody. Great price too. All your ZZ Top on one album!
One person found this helpful
on 14 December 2017
Great singles band, but the whole thing at one listening is disappointingly monotonous.
on 15 September 2015
I bought this to get the big singles, such as "Sharp Dressed Man" and "Legs". There are some other good tracks too.
One person found this helpful