Customer reviews

Colour: Blue|Size: 0.95 L|Change
Price:£17.42 - £107.51

on 21 November 2014
I bought this item based on the customers reviews here. I have to say I was very disappointed on both the item & the lack of honesty in the reviews! I Have tried the recommended heating options in the instructions & by few customers here & have to say the food was barely warm after about 2 hours! I've not yet tried freshly cooked food just off the cooker maybe that'll work!
on 30 November 2012
Bought this for my dad as he travels a lot and like to have a warm meal with him while he's on the move.

From what he's told me it keeps food warm for a couple of hours and is big enough. From the other reviews on hear beyond that time it'll lost heat. But it is microwavable so you could always reheat it, as long as you have access to a microwave.
on 7 September 2014
My 6 year old son wanted to get get a lunch food to bring pasta to school. He loves it. He is fussy about cold food but this is (as of per his report) perfect for him.

Obviously, it does not fit in a standard lunch box square cover. I put this on a large fabric snack bag, with his fruit, juice, babybell etc. So far no spillages.
on 23 January 2015
The perfect way to keep food warm whilst on the go, really helped me stick to my diet because after a while cold chicken and broccoli gets pretty boring. This allowed me to make it fun again by being able to eat it warm.
great handle makes it easy to transport and the size means it not a pain to store.
on 1 May 2015
My office didn't have a microwave and this (Blue colour box) was the next option for me to keep my food from getting cold. Yes, it wasn't getting cold and it wasn't hot as well. I would pack my hot cooked food at around 8AM and would take my lunch at 12:15PM mostly. And the food was neither cold nor hot by that time. Out of the 4 hours time frame, i would have been out in cold weather for max 1 hour (40 mins in tube + 20 mins in street). The rest 3 hours my lunch bag would have been inside office.

One thing that put me off is the size of the box, its round and got really thick edges, carrying limited food. I would not suggest this product if you carry standard laptop bags. This might even look more bulky in a back pack. I would suggest this box should be designed as a rectangular one, but difficult to keep warm coz, its wont be screw type then. If you are buying this product, you need a separate box carrier a round one.

Overall, bit disappointed by the size of product and not fitting my bag, if you are driving this would be a best pick. And dont expect the food to be hot/warm. But for sure, it didn't get cold as well.

I have given 3 starts since it kept it from becoming cold, but didn't keep it hot as described and due to its size.
on 18 April 2015
Great. Got them for kids lunches. All the colours are great. The additional compartment looks useful although we haven't used it yet.

What we could do with is a website for recipes that work well and are hot at lunchtime when inserted very hot at breakfast, I think thats a project for us.
on 7 June 2013
I use this for my packed lunch while out at archery competitions. I do not put any hot food in it because I've not come across a food jar that will keep food hot all day.

So why bother well the Clues in the name Bento if you have ever been to Japan you will have come across this type of lunch box normally filled with rice fish and vegetables this is a healthy balanced meal of the correct portion size. Now my cupboard is not normally stock with authentic Japanese ingredients so when I make a meal to put in this I will do something like this

Top tier salad tomato, basil and mozzarella, Hummus in a ( put in a silicon cup cake mould), boiled florets of broccoli (the hummus is used as a dip for this)

Bottom tier mixed fruit salad in the divider and sliced pitta bread and sliced cured sausage of your choice salami, Chorizo, saucisson sec, etc

This is just the tip of the iceberg if you google Bento there are thousands of idea's

I like it because it makes for a more interesting lunch instead of the boring ham sandwich.

Why only 4 stars well it gets marked down because there is no storage compartment for chopsticks or cutlery.
on 3 April 2014
Great lunch box with plenty of room for a big appetite or use the divider to cut your portion size down. I use it to store pre cooked rice and meat in one compartment and put frozen vegetable in the other. Just put the vegi's in the micro wave for 5 minutes and viola a healthy meal
on 8 January 2014
The best flast I have used in 25 years. Even my teenage child is happy to take it to school- the stacking is bringing some fashion cudos it seems.
Super practical to be able to warm the food straight into the flask- saves precious minutes and fuss in the morning!
on 3 October 2015
It is very useful for our student lunch. I think it can hold the warm water with 3 hours and it is big enough to put lunch in it. Howecer the lunchbox color is not the light blue like the picture but the dark blue which is not perfor for a girl to use it!