Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£8.40

on 11 September 2013
I found this book very helpful for me at the time of reading and I will definitely be reading it again in the future. It gives positive, pro-active ways of discovering God's presence and impact on our lives and it really encouraged me to remember we are all unique and that we experience God in different ways.
on 1 October 2012
This is my second John Ortberg book; he has a distinctive style that consists of bitesize topics for consideration presented with good humour and searing honesty. I was impressed by his willingness to offer his own foibles as examples; it makes you feel as though he's talking with you rather than at you. Although it is meant to be read cover to cover I think it works better as a dip-in, food-for-thought type affair. You can tell it would be good for study sessions as it gives lots of suggestions for other material depending on the topic.

There are some topic crossovers between this and his book The Me I Want to Be - in some ways these books are more about finding ways to connect with God than any other topic, but there are some wonderful insights here into just how willing God is to connect back. My only real criticism is that the small sections in each chapter often begin as questions that are not necessarily answered, almost as though he drifts off-topic. This is probably less distracting if you are a more experienced Christian but as a 'baby Christian' I found that some of the biblical examples were mysteries to me and could have used more elaboration in regards to what point he was using them to make.

Overall though, I found this book thought-provoking and enjoyable, and it made me 'feel' closer to God, which is always good!
on 13 September 2009
This book states some obvious things but we all need to see these things in black & white to remind us. It is slick, easy to read and not too heavy. Some americanisms are trite but God is God of us all!! A good read which reminds you of the basic truths of the Bible and how these relate to every day life; a great 'pick-me -up' - I recommend this. Good for a person who is seriously considering becoming a Christian or a young Christian.
on 3 March 2016
An exceptionnel book. Easy to read, a lot of good humour written "with tongue in cheek" but truly profound subject and leaves you with a lot to "ponder" as you close the book, Thank you for this true breath of fresh air.
on 4 September 2011
This is a fabulous book which I would recommend to all Christians. I've had to order more copies because so many of my family and friends wanted to read it and once read wanted to pass on to others. It is very simply constructed and is not hard reading but is so so relevant to our daily lives. Wonderful.
on 3 May 2011
A good book for small groups to share and if you want a closer walk with God. Written with humour and food for thought. An easy read with exercises to explore.
on 22 July 2015
This is a great book to have on your shelf to continually dip in ad re-read again and again. The recent purchase was to give as a gift.
on 6 March 2013
A very easy to read book covering a serious topic but written with humour and everyday examples. One I will keep and read again.
on 5 October 2013
Great book. Well written, readable and very good modern presentation of 'practicing the presence of God'. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to take prayer seriously, but have fun with it!
on 25 February 2014
I have used this to good effect with a small group for study. It is very challenging and worth discussing in depth.