on 29 July 2017
I will not elaborate on the content of this magnificent Thomas Hardy work, as other reviewers have dealt with this subject in great depth in other reviews, but will concentrate on the presentation of the book itself.

The cover is, in my personal opinion, beautifully presented, as is also the case with 'Tess of the d' Urbervilles,' also a Wordsworth Classics edition, which was purchased at the same time. Both are compact editions and were reasonably priced.

These two books represent my personal favourites of Thomas Hardy's works and I have read them many times over the years. They were purchased as gifts for my father-in-law, who at ninety years of age is discovering Thomas Hardy for the first time and enjoying the experience.
on 1 July 2016
Having been eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new birthday copy of Far From The Madding Crowd, I was wholeheartedly disappointed to find this was a terrible copy of a classic book. It is merely a copy, with many formatting errors, which has simply been bound in a thin paper version of the beautiful pink cover as I have seen in shops. Had this have cost me £1 I wouldn't be too upset, but having paid almost the same as in a book shop I am very angry to have received this below par product. It is like reading a textbook, not a novel.
review image review image
on 18 July 2017
I loved this book .....After a few years it was well worth a second read......I recently saw the film ...the Julie Christy version- loved it!
on 9 April 2017
Fab book, well adapted fr the Kindle
on 20 April 2017
Formatting could be better
on 4 May 2017
One of the best books I have read.
on 4 December 2015
Really superfluous to rate Thomas Hardy. Classic
on 19 October 2016
Terrible copy! Don't be fooled by the attractive cover this is just a cheap photocopy of the book with bright white pages and serious formatting issues. There aren't even page numbers! I sent my copy back. I only gave it one starea because amazon won't let you give it nothing.
on 26 April 2017
Book in excellent condition
on 30 May 2016
Cracking story, brilliant insights.