on 18 November 2008
Brian Tracy is a master communicator who has made millions giving speeches and writing books. In this one, Tracy stresses that you must carefully plan every part of a speech, and that everything should flow logically from one idea to the next. Rehearse your speech until it is perfect. These are all great points. Their message? You must respect your audience and never waste its time. Unfortunately, Tracy sometimes doesn't always heed his own wise counsel. In this book, he tends to reiterate certain pieces of information (especially his eight components of any long speech); This repetition is unnecessary, although the list and the pointers are valuable. Tracy possesses a wealth of knowledge about how to set up a speaking engagement, plan a speech and then communicate it with impact. Indeed, getAbstract confirms that you will find valuable nuggets of wisdom about public speaking on virtually every page of this book. Sometimes twice.
on 28 March 2012
Performing presentation has always been a daunting experience for me.Just the thought of standing up in front of my classroom always made me quaver with fear. Since ordering this magnificent book from Brian Tracy, I've gained much more confidence in myself and my speaking abilities. One of the best techniques that helped me was practising my speech over and over and over again by myself and believe me when it's time to present to people, everything just flows well. Preparation is key to speaking success.
on 6 September 2010
Brian Tracy at his best, well worth a read. If you are looking to become an expert speaker, Brian's book is the one to read, full of practical advice for being a success at public speaking.
on 5 October 2014
This book contains some excellent tips and strategies. Some of them were new to me and others felt a bit dated. That is the only reason I did not give the book a five star rating.
on 12 September 2014