Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 March 2004
Author Kerry Gleeson, a specialist in white collar efficiency and productivity, describes a do-it-now program for becoming more organized and effective. As might be expected, this is a well-organized book. Gleeson outlines some familiar approaches to getting organized, such as setting up an office system that deals with paperwork effectively. The book becomes more informative when it discusses some less familiar organizational techniques, such as planning chunks of time to deal with similar tasks, using technology and establishing routines for maintaining your organizational system. The book’s major strength is the detail it offers about setting up files and systems, and following through on organizational initiatives. We enjoyed Gleeson’s case histories of reorganizing various offices. She uses many of her basic principles in common sense ways — and the messes she repairs will make you feel like the top of your desk may not be hopeless after all.
on 5 June 1999
This is a fantastic book - the best of its type I have read. Gleeson writes in a sane, sensible way about how to organise yourself to get more done. His solution? Do It Now. Before you say: "That's obvious" how many of you do it consistently? Not many, and the reason, from my experience, is that we are rarely organised to do it other than later!! Gleeson fills in the gaps by showing you how to physically organise yourself and your workspace so that you can put the Do It Now principle into regular and continuing operation. Trust me - this book is a lifesaver!!
on 30 April 1999
This book really inspired me to clean up my act at work. I always say that I have better things to think about than where is the proper place to put a particular item...but I followed the instructions in this book and got everything in order and it has definitely made me more efficient, as well as improving my professional image. I've been following the other advice and in just the first week of putting it into practice I have received a lot of compliments from the people I work with/for, which has inspired me to work even more on improving my personal efficiency through this program!
on 19 January 2008
My husband bought me two time management books for Christmas. I am the most disorganised person in the world, and to cut to the chase - my life had changed by page nine! Really, this book is aimed at people who are struggling at work, or even those who want to improve their work load. But let me assure you - it can be adapted to any situation. I am a stay at home mum with two small children and i am in shock that i actually got to the bottom of the washing pile, for probably the first time in five years! Not only this - but i now have less housework to do than my perfect mother-in-law!!! I am no longer embarrassed if someone calls round unanounced. Funnily enough the other book my husband bought me was specifically for manic mums. I didn't like it, but this is seriously one of the best reads ever. I now have a queue of people waiting to borrow this book, although i think i've now got a few birthday presents lined up with this book - as i fear if i lend it out - i'll never see it again!! Kerry's writing style is very easy to read and incredibly motivating, and very well written. Finally - the genuius "do it now!" strategy has back fired on my husband: When i ask him to do something, i never realised how often he put it off for later. "Do it now!" I say to him (it works btw!!) - it also works very well with my children too.
on 25 December 1997
This is the best time management book I 've ever read. I have read over 10 books on time management. This book is the last, and probably the very last I need to buy to improve my personal efficiency. "Do it Now" is a bloody work, but it works! I have put a big big label on my desk diary to remind myself to do it now.
on 26 February 2008
Sorry to be a party pooper - I read the reviews and bought the book. How disappointing. Ten double-sided pages before we arrive at the Introduction. A book which is poorly written and is produced in very low quality print with little content other than `do things now' and `how to reorganise your desk' - ad nauseam. It looks as though this was something written in the 1950's for secretaries to organise their workspace with belated updates to bring in more recent technology. Page 47 provides an ideal example:
`Tips for Improving Your Paper Filing System . . . Use hanging files. Hanging files support folders better and facilitate filing in the correct place. Box-bottom hanging files can hold several manila folders on the same subject.' This is then followed by two very poorly drawn pictures of hanging files. Wow!! - this certainly enlightened me.

After three days of ownership the book is now where it deserves to be - in the bin. (sorry trash)
on 20 October 2013
Nice book, quick delivery. Bought it for a friend that needs to learn how to get organised. He found it very useful.
on 5 June 2013
This is a good book for any one that wants to improve their efficiency in life an career.

Good book!
on 26 February 2015
Given as a gift and well received. Nearly as good as 'How to do more in less time'
on 2 May 1998
I am now enjoying "do it now" benefits, but plan on reading the book again several times, and would like to purchase spanish copies (my home language). The copy I have red is in Portuguese. I also plan on having my employees, and colleagues reading it thouroughly. I would also like to buy it as a gift to some relatives, including my brother in law, who is Vice-Town Major and is constantly complaining about being covered in paperwork. Congratulations to Mr. Gleeson for a very helpful book.