Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£9.18

on 6 January 2001
When I bought 'Sophie's Snail' I did not know what to expect from the title. It turned out to be a most entertaining story of a determined 6-year-old and her twin-brothers. In the whole series of 6 stories the children grow older, change, have fun and the reader meets the old friends and enimies in every new part. My son and I couldn't wait to find out how Sophie's life went on and were very sad when we came to the end of part 6. We are still hoping for a follow-up!
on 9 October 2000
I enjoyed this book, because of the plot. Sophie, a 4 year old, goes through the book owning a farm of snails, woodlice, caterpillars and other insects, meets a great, great, great aunt from the highlands of Scotland, becomes enemies with a frock wearing, ponytailed Dawn and gets a pet snail. It is funny how she does things, thinks things and says things. A should read book.
VINE VOICEon 28 December 2003
This is the first of quitea few books on Sophie.
SOphie is a super character created by Mr King-Smith and is a lovely role model for children.
The book is brillient for children and parents alike to enjoy. It has some really comical and lovely plots, her great aunt al for example, and her over dramatic ambitions to be a farmer!
I think everyone should read this story because everyone can enjoy it.
10/10
on 30 May 2010
The Sophie series of books/audio books are truly wonderful. They are humorous while dealing with some of the real life "issues" that young children might face (nothing sinister - just siblings, school friends and other events that life throws up along the way). They would appeal to both boys and girls (Sophie has older twin brothers) and over quite an age span. My children got into these at the age of about 5 or 6 - but are still enjoying them years later - hence this purchase of the CD which was to replace a much listened to (and now mangled) original audio cassette!
on 11 January 2010
I am a mum and I love listening to this story in the car or with my kids at bed time,Sophie is a great character and listening to how her character comes to life on this audio version also help you to read the books in characterising Sophie and other characters.My son enjoyed all the Sophie books,and so does my daughter now.The kids at schoolwhere I work all enjoy too but better read in order to fully appreciate.
on 5 February 2009
The Sophis Snail, and more, collection is ideal for yound readers. Sophie is a tom-boy, and a charming character. Lovely stories, very inoffensive.
on 29 August 2015
Brilliant story, enjoyed listening to it again after twenty five years or so.....
on 3 February 2016
Pretty good quality, my 4 year old was very happy
on 8 March 2016
My 3 yr old neice was enchanted straight away.
on 4 May 2009
Its the pure tone of this CD sends my daughters asleep! I don't think he reads it like it ought to be read to be honest. It is after all aimed at children, and so should be adapted for such an audience.