on 29 November 2011
Completely as described and excellent value for money. Minor gripes that give only 4 stars?: No IEC mains lead provided and the aincent Dell mouse was full of fluff and barely worked, but a quick visit to the pound shop sorted these things out (add them to your order if you buy one). SATA cable had worked loose in the post (where's the Dell original packaging?) but quickly plugged back in and all working fine as my daughetrs first computer for accessing the internet on our home network. Yes there was pre-installed software, but deleted it all to leave the pre-installed Windows XP then added Student and Teacher MS-Office. Auto-update is turned off and be prepared to leave the machine running for an afternoon connected to the internet - perhaps 150 odd update downloads needed and a few re-boots along the way, but that's only to be expected since the installed Windows XP was virginal and completely un-updated. You'll want an "unlimited" broadband package to be doing this - several gigabytes of download required.
on 23 August 2012
Hi,

I love this product, there was some issues, although they have now been resolved.

Issue 1: The PC had a lot of grease on it, a damp cloth soon cleared that up though (make sure you dry it before turning on!).

Issue 2: The PC is a Dell Optiplex GX620, not a GX520. Not a problem as it is functionally and cosmetically identical.

Issue 3: Only a keyboard was shipped, no mouse. A slight disappointment, contacted seller and a new one was sent.

Issue 4: Disk Drive would not play DVDs. I took the PC apart to realize that it was only a CD drive. I contacted the seller (Level 3 Computers) and they sent me a new drive, this time it was a DVD drive.

Issue 5: Only 2 of the USB ports worked when booting, which means that under a dual boot system, I could not use my keyboard to select the operating system. This was not a difficult fix, but could be daunting for novice users. You have to open the PC, remove the jumpers from the two prongs marked
on 7 June 2012
I bought the Dell Optiplex GX 520 and it was delivered today, Thursday 7th June. Hmmmm, Connected fine, plug out plug in, no problem. The unit itself was scratched and dirty, it didnt seem to have been polished or even a duster run over it.The cd player requires an upgrade as it wont play any cds, though it does show photos on cd.Also I have to push the cd into the drive as it doesnt load very well at all. The seller stated this unit came with a mouse which I'm still trying to find... but it did come with a power lead, which wasn't stated on the sellers site, so I suppose that makes up for missing mouse.At the moment I'm unable to play music on Youtube, though I can play music from various radio stations,so maybe Im doing something wrong on Youtube. Over the weekend I will sit down and figure it out.So far it has frozen a few times, even though I was careful to shut down programmes properly.No extra were installed on the unit, unlike another seller, whose customer comments I read, lucky you! Next time I really will be careful about buying refurbs or used units. Time will tell with this one.Overall not sad but no ecstatic either.
on 13 July 2011
A great purchase. I bought this for my father who at 79 is rather stuck in his ways, he does however understand Windows XP.
This version is quiet, fast and dependable. It did die after a bad thunderstorm when the power went on and off a few times but the supplier moved the hard drive from the dead machine to another one and back on again. Did not even charge me anything! Will go back to them again if my machine needs replacing.
on 19 April 2011
Wasn't sure what to expect from this but had no need to worry. Everything worked and comes with most of the software you need including Windows XP and a restore disk. Yes there is now Windows 7 but I prefer tried and trusted and all my other computers run on this O/S with no bother. Doesn't have a CD/DVD burner but wasn't expecting this for the money I was paying. Very quick and very quiet. Will wait to see how long it lasts before it goes wrong as a refurbished product but if it lasts over a year, it would be worth it especially as you can still pick up replacement parts.

All in all, I have no complaints and this is extremely good value for money. The seller, Value Computers was very quick to gat it to me and I would certainly recommend the product and the seller.
on 4 July 2012
I bought this pc to use as a server for Linux.

But.. for £60 this is actually amasing value for money. Yeah okay it's not going to run anything decent or do high end jobs but with XP already installed it doesn't need a lot to do basic functions. (i.e. check facebook)

Well impressed for the money as the specs are just what i need for my server but again i would recommend this to anyone who needs a cheap pc.
on 5 June 2011
So far, does all it says in the advert. Arrived promptly, well wrapped and padded and everything stated was included. Would have no hesitation in recommending this product or seller.
on 23 January 2013
very good item every thing as described Iam an oldage pensioner and this item is just right for me thanks
on 5 March 2015