Format: DVD|Change

Awful remake and a disgrace to the Halloween Franchise, with a awful cast and over the top deaths, I mean the mother with the white horse, what was that all about?. And Malcolm Mcdowell was awful, all he was bothered about was making a bit of cash, I just hope Donald pleasance doesn't turn in his grave. For me this is the worst Halloween film to date, plus one of the worst horror films ever made.
on 28 August 2015
A let down: Rob Zombie is very overrated but here he has no excuse. I think we had enough after first Halloween, the only episode by Carpenter and worth a look. All the rest is boring, including this attempt to get back to the beginning and try to say something more, like it was a product of social and family evil
Along with the first one, the worst film by Rob Zombie. Better go for Lords of Salem's and House of the devil
on 3 June 2015
Oh my god what a disaster,For starters they could of got a thousand more actresses more tasteful than that to play Laurie,vile,unsavoury,and most importantly can't act,and whats with the vulgar need to swear in almost every sentence, and once again another of todays movies that completely has no direction,dream part didn't make scence,you REALLY shouldn't call this a movie,'and don't even get me started on the repulsive Dr Loomis,again vile,rude,abusive,at very,very best unprofessional,especially as the original Laurie and Dr Loomis were absolutely lovely,that new Loomis is an actual clown.
on 3 September 2014
why so much negative talk about this film.all in all i enjoyed it.a stylish slasher movie with some real mean slayings.its what the genre is all about.there is alot of rubbish out there but this is not one of them.captain clegg and the night creatures videos are a bit of fun after the movie.give it a goits cheap and im sure you will enjoydid not watch on blueray.
on 2 June 2011
again mr rob zombie ruined yet another halloween film! .. this has got to be one of the worst sequels i seen! changing yet again so many things! for example halloween 2 original is based in a hospital! this one starts off quite good as it looks like it picks up in a hospital where he does a few gruesome killings and proceeds to go after laurie strode! however this is just a dream she's having and wakes up blah blah blah! ... through the film yo dont see micheal much (not in his mask anyway) except when he's walking through fields doig totally sod all!! .. real real bad and if i was you i wouldnt even give it the time or day! shame really he could of made these films a modern day classic!
on 31 December 2013
I quite enjoyed Rob Zombie's attempt at the first Halloween. It was sort of ridiculous but you got the impression that Rob Zombie had intended for it to play out that way. This sequel is plain awful though. It just knocks around, seemingly unsure of where it's going to go next whilst regurgitating the best parts from the previous film.
There is also the dumb supernatural stuff with a white horse, Myer's younger self and his dead mum. The sequences just come across as what they are, a poorly constructed attempt to work the dead mum (the actress happens to be married to the director) back into the script.
on 12 April 2010
First off, I am a fan of Rob Zombie as a musician and a director. I am also a HUGE fan of the Halloween franchise and I liked his re-worked version of Halloween to some extent. I didn't think that his version of Halloween was as good as John Carpenter's original masterpiece, obviously. However, this sequel was the biggest disappointment I have seen in quite some time. I found the first 40 minutes of the movie quite entertaining and really clever, it reminded me of a re-worked version of Halloween II which is what I thought this would be, but with a Rob Zombie spin. Of course, that wasn't the case. The first 40 minutes turned out to be a dream. One of the biggest mistakes in a story as it makes the story pointless. However after the first 40 minutes the rest of the movie was completely messy and stupid. I can't believe someone who I had so much faith in after seeing the remake of Halloween in 2007, created this pile of junk. I was majorly appaulled with the film and I was also annoyed to find he managed to work Sherri Moon Zombie in it again when she wasn't needed. Her addition to the film was ridiculous and she looked like she was a character in a low budget B movie, I wouldn't mind if her type of character was - but this is supposed to be a Halloween and it is not supposed to be camp at all. I will definately not be watching this film again.
on 27 May 2010
Halloween II has to be the most pointless addition to the whole Halloween series, there have been some dodgy Halloween films in this series but this film makes them look like classics

I was pretty eager to watch this film as I love this series & enjoyed the remake & spin of Halloween so I was hoping for good things from this sequel

HOW WRONG WAS I

it had a promising start with laurie strode going into the hospital (as in the original Halloween II) & the following deaths but then suddenly that story line is over as laurie wakes up and a new story begins, It is at this point that this film looses its way as there seemed to be no story to me, when the film ended I was left wondering what I had just watched (why the horse? why the young Michael?, why the mother? what had happened?, why did I just sit & watch it? & why was this film ever made?

One thing I will say is that the Michael Myers in this film seemed to be much more violent, the stabbings seemed much more frenzied (some in my point of view were excessivly violent, which is an odd thing to say as this is a Halloween film) whether this was intended to give the impression of Michael's increasing evil side or just to make the deaths more gory I do not know & the death outside the red rabbit was pointless & really not worthy of a Halloween film

If you are a halloween fan then you WILL watch this film & add it to your collection but I suggest you do not pay full price but wait for the sale as it really is a terrible film

If however you are just browsing for a good Horror film to watch this is not that film & you will end up feeling disapointed & gutted that you spent money on this film

PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT OFTEN LEAVE REVIEWS ON HERE SO THE FACT I HAVE REVIEWED THIS FILM SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING.
on 12 January 2010
...but it isn't Michael Myers.

Michael Myers is a cool, calm, cold killer. He is like a great white shark, silently stalking his prey until the prime opportunity arises to strike, then BAM he's got you, he kills you, he moves on to the next victim.

Zombie's fake Myers is more like a... zombie, there's no subtlety in his stalking, he just sees you and is after you. Unlike the real Michael who will watch you through a window only to be gone the second you turn towards it. But the real way to tell this is an imposter is by the way he kills, Myers would never lose his temper and be as brutal and angry as he's made out to be in this film. It is like Jason Voorhees has picked up the wrong mask by mistake.

As you may be able to see I am quite a big fan of the original Halloween films, and this movie should never have been allowed to take the franchise name.

On a positive side, if this was not supposed to be a Halloween film, but just another slasher flick then it would have been one of the better ones of the past few years, it's scary, well shot and mostly well acted. You just can't mess with the mythology of a horror icon the way Zombie has in this film, if he makes another one I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael running after his victims, with his mask off humming his own theme music!
on 29 January 2013
Don't go into this expecting a typical "Halloween" type of film. Writer/Director Rob Zombie has stated he wishes this movie didn't have the "Halloween" title, believing it would be more well received if it was not part of the franchise.

It ups the violence and gore, and also the surrealism. There are quite a few strange moments that the "Halloween" franchise isn't known for, but for me they are welcome additions.

Buy it and judge for yourself.