on 20 October 2010
I had to say a tearful farewell to my Dell CRT monitor after many years of faithful service and thus had to cast around for a replacement. I like Acer products having never had one fail on me so eventually opted for the above.
As expected it arrived perfectly packed and with little further ado I plugged the video plug into the video card of my PC, hooked up the power supply, switched everything on and behold a perfect picture came up. The monitor went through a brief auto-setup procedure to ensure that my windows weren't truncated and that was that.

It's now a few weeks old and still going strong!

Acer V173DB 17 inch SXGA TFT LCD Monitor (20000:1,250cd/m2,1280 x 1024,5ms,VGA) - Black

Did I mention it was competitively pricd? well it was.
on 9 April 2013
Lightweight and good value for money. This is a nice little monitor featuring both DVI-D and VGA inputs.
My only (trivial) points are:
1. the user manual keeps referring to the OSD which I later discovered means the on-screen-display (built-in menu system that allows you to make adjustments, etc.)
2. the six tiny control buttons at the bottom right edge of the screen frame, have legends that are black-on-black and as such are impossible to read without a torch and a magnifying glass. OK, I mostly just use the on/off button. My suggestion is to stick a bit of white tape above them and write on it what the buttons are for.
In all other respects I'm delighted with this purchase.
on 5 December 2012
This monitor was purchased to replace my old "Dell" CRT monitor which although still had a lot of life left was too big for my new Computer desk. As an OAP with not a lot of the spare "readies" I was looking for a reasonably priced flat TFT monitor . The Acer does everything that I need and for less than £100 I felt it was a good but. My other monitor purchased from a well known electrical supplier cost me double this amount last year and I cannot say is any better.
on 30 August 2012
Very pleased with it and easy setup connecting monitor to computer.

Just one thing I wasn't entirely happy about - and the only reason I didn't rate it with a maximum 5 stars - there is no height adjustment to angle the screen. Apart from that it is fine and been very pleased with all my Acer products.
on 16 July 2012
As per my previous review:

These units are just the job. Good clear graphics and a wide range of adjustments. We have them wall mounted so we don't need to worry about height adjustment, which the supplied stand doesn't have.
on 28 May 2013
Great product. am using it now. Pity the speakers are at the back though as my previous Acer monitor had them in the front, but you get used to it. You can 'hear' the sound from the back though! Streamlined and nice looking product.
on 1 June 2013
Ineeded a new monitor fairly quickly and this seemed to represent value for money. It arrived quickly and well packaged with all the cables. Plugged in and everything worked. The picture is good and crisp. 2 factors that make me not give it a 5 star. No vertical adjustment provided and the black control buttons are difficult to see against the black surround. But happy to recommend as good value for money.
on 27 October 2012
Sharp picture and an amazingly bright screen. I don't know why I put up with the old one for so long.
on 9 December 2013
i purchased this monitor for a particularly good price lately. it feels fast and is responsive however is quite bright - like even on the lowest setting is still quite too bright when the sun is down in the evening. luckily there is software that can make a layer on top of the display to dim it. but it is quite bright
on 27 June 2015
A lovely monitor recommend it to anyone.