Customer reviews

Size: 2 KW|Style Name: With Electronic Climate Control|Change

on 28 November 2014
I been reading reviews and I did come across reviews that some ppl were not happy with the product, I still thought I will buy it and see for myself.. got to say a very very nice oil free radiator, it warms my rooms up very very quick.. 1 happy customer :-) I bought 2, 1 for me and 1 for my brother and would definitely recommend to family and friends.. no bad points.. anyone looking for an radiator that warms any room size really quick I would say buy the cadiz it's worth the money :-)
on 1 November 2015
This heater is actually built 6 miles from here (and you can't buy from the factory) so I ordered a heater that has travelled over to England and back again - something not quite right about that.. Anyway, I wanted a heater that I could use in my small workshop/shed/studio and I wanted one that I could set the temperature on and leave it especially over winter and this does exactly that. I leave set at 18 degrees (I don't want it too warm) and when it drops below that it switches on and when warm enough turns itself off. can't ask for much more than that really. Remote is really no use to me and the while the Blue light is bright the heater is behind me so I don't really notice it. It's quiet, heats up quickly and is light enough to move (when cool!) Mains lead is on the wrong side for me (for some reason they always are!) so the cable has to run back behind the heater but again no big deal.
on 14 December 2016
Purchased as a replacement for our old oil-filled radiator. This is much bigger and beefier, though lighter and consequently easy enough to move around. We have a large room and the 3kw warms it nicely when the woodburner is not lit.

The instructions are quite complicated: like everything these days the controls are digital, with several buttons and options. Not too difficult to use but not as easy as our old one which simply had a thermostatic dial and an on-off switch. If I could have found a simpler one I would have bought it but they all seem to have got complicated. It's beyond my elderly mother for instance. Now we have got used to it, we are pleased with some of the extras, particularly the option to have one side heat up, and not the other, which means we can put it against a wall or fireplace.

Can't imagine a circumstance when anyone would need the remote, unless you were ill perhaps, so haven't used that!
on 17 January 2016
Throws out heat up to 35 degrees. Quick to heat up and cool down whenever adjusted. It doesn't dry the atmosphere like a convector or fan heater. But it won't warm feet like a fan heater placed on the floor. The instruction book covers many models but every description is quite complicated. This item was ordered from Amazon, swiftly delivered by Yodel from GDC Group and was left in full view outside the front of house in its picture-sleeve box. Currently it seems only Dimplex market an oil-free radiator. The unit has two elements inside, which must get extremely hot because even the outer casing does. It can be used one-sided or both sided. It's ideal for a conservatory but worth checking measurements in case it is higher than your window sill. We don't question its efficiency but the obvious questions here are "Why is the carcass so big?" The 2KW is just as tall and deep. "Why is it not symmetrical?" Its own promotion claims it is not heavy like the oil filled ones. Yes it's easy to maneuver but would be if it had wheels at both ends or castors at both ends and it would look better. Perhaps the market is now open for other manufacturers to enhance this efficient unit.
on 6 February 2016
Excellent product. Works well. As supplementary heaters they work well.. When they were delivered, the outside temperature was -2 in Surrey area.
They were used on their own to heat the sitting room and dinning areas. The rooms heated up well but with a strong draught. The central heating were malfunctioning for 2 weeks . Later , the central heating radiators were, fully functioning. The heaters were used to supplement the central heating.. This was a more satisfactory heating in the rooms.

I purchased 3 units altogether I like these heaters for the climate control., their mobility and efficiency..
on 8 February 2014
i have the model before this without the ridiculous light. i brought this one for myself as my grandma hijacked my one. Thought i get the one with the remote. The heat yeah amazing but the light at night...i need a pillow to hide my face. now my grandma has to deal with the problem...she likes the light

The one i have before this i use all the time, the heat on this and and other dimplex oil free heaters is great. Its just the light that is irritating.

If i had to chose between this actually heater and any other heater recommended for domestic use i would still choose this one... as the heat is so good that comes off it. Maybe there is a way of turning off that back light...
on 20 October 2016
Very impressed by this unit.
I read all the reviews before buying and some people complained about the blue display.
Personally I like it as it's bright enough to see by in the middle of the night.
Heat output is very good, remote control is very handy and I believe it's very efficient and economical!
I think the manufacturer on its next upgrade should have an off/on/dimmer for the display which would make this perfect for everyone!
Initially expensive, but I believe due to its efficiency rating you will get your money back fairly soon!
Well made and works straight out of the box, no wheels to put on yourself, it comes ready to use!
on 22 August 2016
This is one decent heater, its cheap to run and the timer is sooo handy. We use in a part of the house where the rads are rubbish, this unit keeps the room and hall way pretty warm at night when we dont run the heating system. It was a bit expensive but so worth it.
on 4 February 2017
I bought this for our daughters bedroom as house central heating left room very hot at times. It's a Fantastic device - we'd not be without it. We have a regular simplex oil free rad in sitting room which isn't thermostatically controlled which suits us for a boost in evening but this Cadiz rad keeps bedroom at even temp which is very important for a bedroom. I've been using it for 12 months and find the electricity bill slightly up but not considerably relative to its benefits
VINE VOICEon 5 March 2014
This has been used a lot in our very old, and sometimes very cold house.

The thermostat works well and the required temperature can be easily and quickly achieved. The temperature is easy to set on it - simply press the up or down arrow. The temperature you are setting it to appears on a digital display. The display itself has a blue backing light. I have not found it to be too bright, which I know others have. Yes, you can see it, and it has a blu glow, but that is no problem.

Would recommend.