Customer reviews

Tuesday Night Music Club (Deluxe Edition)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 December 2017
Brilliant album. Lost the original so this was just a replacement.
on 16 March 2017
Ok
on 20 January 2003
Sheryl Crow started life as a back-up singer for the likes of "Michael Jackson" during his 1987 "BAD" tour. Six years later she released this album.
With "Bill Bottrell" as her producer Ms Crow found a guiding light to help her with first album.
This is a starlingly assured album from this "Missouri" raised singer-song-writer, her tunes are a delightful cross between rock and soul.
The characters that peolpe her scenarios are at the end of their tether in dead-end American streets, with her ability to kick start songs with openings like "Took your car/Drove to Texas/Sorry,honey/But I suspected we were through" and then flesh them out into compassionate yet rigorously observed mini-movies.This makes this an album that can be played over and over again and the listener will not get bored,this is one of these "essential" albums that all music fans should have on their racks,it's a keeper...
on 5 January 2018
I have the 40th Anniversary of Austin City Limits on Amazon Prime Video streaming now and Sheryl is co-hosting. It reminded me of several things...

1) Tuesday Night Music Club was the first album I ever bought based on only what I heard at a music kiosk.
2) The album still has many of my favorite SC songs. Apparently TNMC was a regular gathering, so there may really have been many contributors to the building of the songs.
3) I still liked her better as a brunette, or at least one with blonde highlights.

Then sure enough, her performance on Austin City Limits kicks off with "I Can't Cry Anymore." Sweet.

As I recall, this album sounded a little sterile, but the songs are great. I have a live bootleg of the same songs done live, and it swings.
on 1 December 2009
The first of Crow's albums and I hasten to add not necessarily her best. Unlike a lot of people with ability she does not wane after the first successful album. Her "Globe Sessions", is, I would say as good if not better than this one. She does not seem to have fallen for the glitz and fame trap so often visited upon many singer/songwriters although there was a bit of a slide in her second album. This one is very good indeed with my favourite "Strong Enough" simply not to be beaten, still her best song I believe with its raw emotion and honesty. This album also doesn't fail to widen her horizons by involving aspects of jazz blues and folk/rock. The songs surprise with originality and I still listen to it regularly. Very good indeed.
on 23 April 2017
Great debut album, still sounding excellent in April 2017. If you want a piece of quality 90's music go for this, you will not be disappointed.
on 14 September 2016
Classic album... everybody should own this record.
on 22 January 2010
Okay, so I love the album. And I knew the second CD were b-sides that weren't going to be as strong as the album, but they're pretty good and worth getting. But don't buy this for the sake of the DVD. The quality of audio is terrible, most seems recorded on a home video camera. You see better footage on youtube.

Don't buy this for the DVD.
on 24 January 2010
Unlike any of her other albums, this one I can take out and play again and again; her second and third albums are good too but after that...
Anyway, you can't go wrong with this album at all. I first heard it playing in the background of a restaraunt on the Pride Of Bilbao cruise liner in 1995 and just had to buy it when I got home.
Apart from All I wanna Do and Run Baby Run, my favourite track is What I Can Do for You, and you will have your favourite too.
on 20 September 2010
OK so we know it's a great album, but how on earth, on a so-called "Deluxe" edition, could they miss off the single remix of "All I Wanna Do" which, after all, is the track that kicked off her career in the first place.

Those familiar with the album will know the country-tinged version. The single remix put the heavy slide guitars back much further in the mix, and hardened the overall sound making it much more poppy and accessible.

It was this remix that shot up the UK charts like a dog after a rabbit, and yet that mix is absent here.

That's it really. Sorry I just had to vent!