on 13 February 2010
Exactly as expected from description. Charging is far quicker than through the laptop. It was dispatched quickly, although for me, I waited a little longer than expected for arrival due to the bad weather but I am so glad I have this. Essential item, if like me you regularly read from your Sony Reader. This also comes with 12 month warranty
on 14 March 2010
Indispensable item to charge up e-reader - takes much less time than charging via the computer, and can be used anywhere. I really don't know why Sony don't supply these as standard with the e-reader. This cut-price version works fine, no need to spend nearly twice as much on the Sony brand version.
on 3 August 2010
When I originally purchased the PRS300 it did not come with a mains lead charger. The only way of charging the reader up was via the computer, which is not good news when you are travelling and do not have access to a computer.

Having bought this charger it now travels with me everywhere,it is lightweight and means you are never without a book to read. You can still use your reader whilst it is charging up. Once fully charged it can last for the recommended 6000 page turns.
on 26 October 2010
It puzzles me why Sony don't include this charger with their product. In their sales literature, they indicate that you can turn thousands of pages before the Rader battery runs down, but when you use the dictionary and/or other functions, the battery of my PRS-600 doesn't last all that long. When you are away somewhere without your laptop or computer, you are stranded without a charger. This charger is lightweight, slim and very easy to use. I particularly like the fact that it can be plugged into the Reader while in use. It takes longer to charge via the USB cable on the computer and the Reader cannot be used while it is plugged in. I would not wish to be without this product.
on 28 June 2011
Having bought an e-reader several months ago, I've been using my laptop to charge it, however whilst on holiday I ran into a problem - the battery died and with no access to a computer that was my holiday reading over with. I vowed to buy a charger as soon as I got Home.
Ordered yesterday afternoon and it was here by this morning, talk about fast delivery. As other reviewers have stated charging is a hell of a lot quicker than using a USB connection, why Sony don't include a charger in the bundle with the reader amazes me. In short well worth the money!!!!
on 1 August 2011
I bought this to replace the 'official' Sony charger for my PRS 505 ebook reader which I had mislaid. This one is neater and more portable, a fraction of the price and superb value for money! A mains charger is a must with Sony readers even though they can be charged via USB as anyone who has had one freeze on them knows.
on 30 October 2010
Works well with my Reader and makes sure I dont run out of battery. Great value for money.
This is something that Sony should have included as standard.
on 27 February 2010
most impresssed with this product only down side is the length of time it took to arrive.
For the cost of the Sony ereader this should have been included with the original item
as most people do not take their computers on holiday with them.
on 11 April 2011
This purchase is a Godsend and well worth the money!
I recently bought a Sony PRS-600 Touch e-reader and took it on holiday stored with books from my favourite authors. I took a USB lead as I had a USB charger/adapter, thinking this would address my charging needs. As many of you know (and I do now) Sony don't like that and apart from attaching to a PC, which is slow; the only way to charge is to buy the Sony adapter. This meant I had to ask the hotel staff to plug it into a PC in their office.
I travel a lot and no longer need to worry about now or where I can charge my reader.
on 11 December 2011
This is just what I wanted to charge my Sony ebook now I do not have to put the computer on every time to charge it Many thanks for first class delivery